Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD: Getting necessary paperwork for investigator help!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD: Getting necessary paperwork for investigator help!

I am hoping for jan 09 academy and hopefully should get a letter for medical sometime in september. In the meantime I am trying to get all the documents I might need. Those who know or went through the process, could you tell me if I am missing anything and where to get it?

1. College Transcript- this one is easy ill get it from my school.

2. Credit report - I'm gonna get it online, equafax or one of those websites.

3. Work History - where would I get this? Is it possible to get it from a website?

4. Driving history - I think you can order this from a dmv website.

5. Criminal background history transcipt - where do you get this? Do you call nypd or albany?

Am I missing anything else I might need, and where do I go for things I mentioned I am missing?

Thanks.
    NYPD Exam 7/12/08
    #8305: 94%

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
    JST 9/2/08 - Done
    Written Psych 9/9/08 - Done
    Meeting BI 9/10/08 - Done
    Oral Psych 09/25/08 - Done
    Mini - Med - 11/04/08 - Done

Originally posted by Alexp
    Be aware that there is an "official" transcript and an "unofficial" transcript. Your BI should accept an "unofficial" transcript to get the process going, but will likely require an official one. The official transcript may be mailed directly from the college(s) to the BI or may be given to you by the college in a sealed envelope for delivery to your BI. If the latter, you're in good shape. If the former, DO NOT UNSEAL THE ENVELOPE.

A good start. What would be better is to get one from each of the three major agencies. Not all agencies have all the same information in their files.

3. Work History - where would I get this? Is it possible to get it from a website?
    The Social Security Administration should have a record of all of your "on the books" jobs where your employer collected SS taxes. You can get a record from them by filling out a form and returning it to the SSA. Many people have had different experiences. Some people have been required to mail the forms, and some have been required to appear in person. Some people have been required to pay a nominal fee, and some have not.

You may order a driving abstract from the DMV website. However, it will generally only go back three years. If you have any tickets or accidents that are older than three years, they may not show on the DMV abstract, but they MAY be in various other state and local agency databases. Be prepared to document EVERY ticket and accident, and the disposition of said incidents. You may be asked to produce copies of accident reports and receipts for fines.

5. Criminal background history transcipt - where do you get this? Do you call nypd or albany?
    The New York State Department of Criminal Justice Services (DCJS) can do this for you. You must send them an email and request a packet. In a week or so, you will get the packet in the mail. There will be a release form with demographics and a fingerprint card. Take the card to whomever does fingerprints (for BIs, pistol permits, etc) in your area and have your prints taken. Then submit the card, release, and demographics back to DCJS. They will then send you the results of their records check.

Am I missing anything else I might need, and where do I go for things I mentioned I am missing?
    Every BI for NYPD wants something a little different. If you have this information on hand, it will be a HUGE start with the process. Even if your BI doesn't want it all, you're better off having it than not.

Comment

Things must have REALLY changed from when I processed with APD.

Jeez.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Thanks for your help. I got a speeding ticket about 4 years ago, you said it won't show on the dmv report? Where can I go to get a report that will have that ticket on there since I don't really remember the date of the offense?

Also is all of this information necessary and if I am missing something would the BI try to aquire it himself or I would have to get all this paperwork myself either way?
        NYPD Exam 7/12/08

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
        JST 9/2/08 - Done

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
          Things must have REALLY changed from when I processed with APD.

Jeez.
          For real, I've never heard of alot of that stuff..... WOW
          Really "Patrolling The Toughest Precincts In New York City"!
          sigpic

Comment

For your credit report you can go to. (AnnualCreditReport.com) to get one free copy of all three once a year.

Depending on how your BI is they might not stress about a ticket from NYS thats not on your Abstract.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys. I started the process but have a few questions. On the DMV site it says a lot of agencies require drivers abstract to be printed within 30 days. Since i don't have a letter for my medical yet should i just hold off on getting this since it might be more than 30 days before i see my investigator?

I went to AnnualCreditReport.com and i don't have a printer currently, i was thinking of saving it in the PDF format since it says it can only be viewed ONCE a year for free but should i just hold off on this too until a later date and when i have a printer?

How recent should criminal history background report and social secuirty work history report be? Am i starting this too early? I am just afraid that ill get all of this now but if i don't get called in within a month all of this will be useless and i would have to do it all over again. Is there any information that is required of me that is not time sensitive and i can work on getting it right now?

Thanks again.
              NYPD Exam 7/12/08

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
              JST 9/2/08 - Done

Comment

for the SS stuff just go to your local Social Security office. and ask for a Print out. think it's like 7 or 12 bucks can't rember exactly may be someone else that did it more recently can help with that.

But that is if you don't live in brooklyn, queens, bronx or manhattan. Cause they are all Packed Either drive out to Staten Island where you'll be don't in 10 min or Long Island wich is probley the same. Other wise u might be there for an Hour plus on bad days.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexp View Post
                  I am hoping for jan 09 academy and hopefully should get a letter for medical sometime in september. In the meantime I am trying to get all the documents I might need. Those who know or went through the process, could you tell me if I am missing anything and where to get it?

You need a official transcript

Not every BI requires you to get a credit report. for example my BI got the credit reports by himself so don't spend the money on it until told to do so.

You go down to the Social security office and ask for it. you need 5years even if you havent been working for 5years u need 5 years.
                  you need a driving abstract

I didn't need that

Thanks.

Any tickets that you have, go down to the courts and get the disposition for them. Once again, every BI is different so if you ask 40different ppl about the background you will get 40different answers. You will also need the address to every school you have attended and every job you've ever had.
                  "Why you harassing me?"

Comment

Guys when did you start doing this, before you went for medical or once you met your BI? Reason i ask i went to DMV and it says that most agencies require drivers history thats been printed out within 30 days of them asking, and other documents with recent dates too. Should i just wait for a medical date before going with this since by the time i see my BI it might be more than 30 days? Does NYPD require documents to be printed out as recent as 30 days or longer?

Thanks again.
                    NYPD Exam 7/12/08

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
                    JST 9/2/08 - Done

Comment

Get the driving abstract when you're asked to produce it. It takes one visit to the DMV and you will get it on the spot for which you can then immediately get it to your Investigator.

Don't waste time or money getting anything from DCJS; that's what your Investigator is getting paid for. I can't imagine they're now asking YOU to produce your own criminal history check. They can and will do one on you themselves. You're already going to have to shell out $75 for fingerprints, don't go throwing away more money for useless services. Unless of course you're asked, but I doubt you will be.

Hold off on the credit report until/if you're ever asked to produce one.

Go to Social Security office in your neighborhood and you'll get a work history report on the spot for free or a nominal fee. Depends on your luck and the person helping you.

If you have a ticket you don't fully remember, so be it. Explain that to your investigator and do your best estimating the date. You should absolutely remember what it was for and the disposition. Just make sure you include that you received the ticket and took care of it.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Honda View Post
                        Get the driving abstract when you're asked to produce it. It takes one visit to the DMV and you will get it on the spot for which you can then immediately get it to your Investigator.

Don't waste time or money getting anything from DCJS; that's what your Investigator is getting paid for. I can't imagine they're now asking YOU to produce your own criminal history check. They can and will do one on you themselves. You're already going to have to shell out $75 for fingerprints, don't go throwing away more money for useless services. Unless of course you're asked, but I doubt you will be.

Hold off on the credit report until/if you're ever asked to produce one.

Go to Social Security office in your neighborhood and you'll get a work history report on the spot for free or a nominal fee. Depends on your luck and the person helping you.

If you have a ticket you don't fully remember, so be it. Explain that to your investigator and do your best estimating the date. You should absolutely remember what it was for and the disposition. Just make sure you include that you received the ticket and took care of it.

Good luck.
                        Gotcha, thanks a lot.
                        NYPD Exam 7/12/08

Medical 8/26/08 -Done
                        JST 9/2/08 - Done

Comment

NYPD Application

whats up folks? So I recently had my initial medical with NYPD and Im currently on hold. They want to see medical records for a motorcycle accident I had 2 yrs back, and I need to get a disposition for a summons I got when I was 17. Im also going to need to get my printout from the Social Security office. I know it seems like minimal stuff but my job is making it very hard to get time off to get these things. My question is should I let my application go inactive until I am able to get everything they requested and then schedule my meeting with my investigator? Also, my exam# is 8042 so I probably have a while until I would be up for any academy. Any advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Medical records can be faxed to you if your doctor knows you well... lol. Or you can go to the hospital and get a record fairly quickly. Also, the printout for SS can be done online and does not requir a human presense to get one. The disposition for the summons can be found at the county court clerk,whatever boro or town you were summonsed at. I believe it is $10 and the lines are short after lunch time.
                            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Is paid Work History a requirement? What happens if you've been volunteering for 3+ years as an EMT or something similar for example?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6345 users online. 350 members and 5995 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X