300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DCAS Officer Claiming to be a COP

I ran into a Department of Citywide Administrative Services Officer who claimed he is "pretty much a cop" " I tell cops what to do because half of them cant read, so i help them out." He has a shield which looks like a detective's shield. he also told me he can arrest in city hall but he has no police powers. i think i ran into a very confused individual...

Anybody know of such a position in DCAS?

DCAS Law Enforcement is what they are called

they are NYC Special Patrolman w/ peace officer powers on duty. I believe some if not all carry firearms (I think NYCTNT said something about this).
    sigpic

Comment

his badge said " citywide administrative services officer"

Comment

I just did some research.
        The DCAS officers are peace officers (NYC Special Patrolman) permitted to carry firearms. They patrol DCAS's 53 buildings and do a few other things such as deliver DCAS mail (from one department to another) and things like that.
        sigpic

Comment

thanks.....wonder why he said he does not have peace officer powers, and he did not go through any formal training whatsoever

Comment

I cant see them having two uniformed staff.
            Maybe he was hired as a security guard rather than peace officer.
            sigpic

Comment

They have both security guards and peace officers.

From me seeing them as I go to 1PP on occassion, I see some with firearms and some without. The reason? No idea... they might have been trainees? or maybe specific posts require firearms? The guys in the booth, from what I seen, always have firearms.

The ones with actual nypd color blue uniforms can make full arrests.
              Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

dcas is funny that way with them with carrying and duties......as far as not recieving any formal training thats believable as they probobly hire and train on the job until they can put together an academy or training class, maybe the guy was new...
                sigpic
                "From now on, all your opinions will be ignored!"

Comment

I actually visited the DCAS Law Enforcement on in the pursuit of my patch collection. I spoke with a sergeant, he was a retired corrections officer. Many of the guys are retired from actual agencies.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4413 users online. 305 members and 4108 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X