300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RPD east/west section...

So a few years back Mr Duffey told us that going to a east/west section would Lower overtime, Improve response times, make manpower more flexible ect ect. Now The experiment results are showing that none of that is really true and Many people are saying It's time to go back to section offices. It was a nice try mr Duffey I'll give ya credit for innovation but Looks like The 2 sections did not bring the results you had hoped. I think they should go back to neighborhood sections maybe not 7 but more than 2 for sure. Even having 4 would be better than the current east/west split.

They are looking to do another reorg again shortly,looks like 4 sections and then a downtown division.

I liked it a whole better when we had 7 sections and no sub stations, which weren't manned all the time anyways.

Duffy is blowing smoke up peoples rear ends, you need to evaluate the sections such as Clinton Section when there were 7 sections. Instead of making it bigger they should have kept it the same size but put more officers there. If they want to cut down on response time etc.....then they should take a look at two man response units and a one man report unit. Better yet they need to utilize their tactical unit better and get the narcotics unit more active in open air drug markets.

Comment

Originally posted by tactical208 View Post
      They are looking to do another reorg again shortly,looks like 4 sections and then a downtown division.

I liked it a whole better when we had 7 sections and no sub stations, which weren't manned all the time anyways.

Duffy is blowing smoke up peoples rear ends, you need to evaluate the sections such as Clinton Section when there were 7 sections. Instead of making it bigger they should have kept it the same size but put more officers there. If they want to cut down on response time etc.....then they should take a look at two man response units and a one man report unit. Better yet they need to utilize their tactical unit better and get the narcotics unit more active in open air drug markets.
      I agree with ya there tact, I also would like to see a local guy be chief again not that outsiders don't do a good job.

Comment

problem with the chief postion is it's at the discretion of the Mayor. What needs to be done is take the mayor right out of the loop because when you do that, then it doesn't make it political any more. They should hold elections within the department and outsiders could be welcomed if they have what it takes to be a good chief. If you get elected by your peers and do a good job, then you'll stay, if you do a bad job your done at the end of your term.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5311 users online. 293 members and 5018 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X