300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nmsp

Is New Mexico State Police a good agency and is it full-service in any county or is it just a Highway Patrol with a State Police name?

All of my interactions with officers from NMSP have been very very positive and I look at them as true brothers. In general I think NMSP is a great agency and don't mistake staties out here for highway patrol. There's a LOT of land out here and they could be the only officer for 100 miles....hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Tacitus View Post
      All of my interactions with officers from NMSP have been very very positive and I look at them as true brothers. In general I think NMSP is a great agency and don't mistake staties out here for highway patrol. There's a LOT of land out here and they could be the only officer for 100 miles....hope this helps.
      I figured tacticus, that NMSP is more then a highway patrol. I'm guessing in rural counties like Union they and the union sheriff are the only full-timers. What type of equipment is used?

Cars?
      Guns?
      Uniform allowance?
      Shift?
      Barracks?

I guess I'm just curious as I might apply.

Comment

NMSP Gets Down!

Yeah, NM State Police get down where I'm from in NM. I dont live in NM anymore but I'll tell you they have excellent equipment, sharp looking uniforms and in general are just great guys to work with. Check them out and see what you think for yourself though.......They do run city, county, and state calls everyday though. Very good training academy as well, one of the best I would venture to say.............Good Luck.............
        Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. - Matthew 5:9

Welcome to the greatest show on earth......

Comment

www.nmsp.com is a great source for information regarding the New Mexico State Police
          Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

Cars?--Ford Crown Vic
            Guns?--357SIG (I'm an ACP guy but if I weren't I'd be this)
            Uniform allowance?--I think so
            Shift?--Three watches and you will rotate, every 30 days I believe
            Barracks?--12 districts state wide.

Add to that Tasers, Longguns, less-lethal and I think you'll get the idea. Great SWAT team but just remember additional assets will be coming from across the state and from my dept. to provide backup. All SAR activations fall under the jurisdiction of NMSP but for obvious reasons they work with local civilian groups big time. There's even a dive team.

Just remember New Mexico is kinda like the Philippines...there are still hamlets around the state that are a little far removed from reality....waiting for the Spaniards they are...HA!

Comment

I'm just completing my application packet to submit for NMSP. Anyone familiar w/their process? I talked to a recruiter and he seemed pretty cool, and said I may only have to make 2-3 trips there.

Comment

How does NMSP do station assignments after graduation?
                Thomas - aka HUCK
                PST II - Police Service Tech II

Comment

Originally posted by huck911 View Post
                  How does NMSP do station assignments after graduation?
                  I'm NMSP

They have a guranteed duty station thing going on right now. When I went through the academy over 6 years ago, I was at the mercy of the State and where they wanted me. We are short handed everywhere, so where ever you choose, you will probably get.
                  Last edited by NM L E O; 09-09-2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Airlinerd View Post
                    Is New Mexico State Police a good agency and is it full-service in any county or is it just a Highway Patrol with a State Police name?
                    We ARE NOT a Hwy Patrol Ageny. We are a full service agency, which means we answer city, county, and hwy calls.

Tacitus pretty much explained what we do.
                    Last edited by NM L E O; 09-09-2008, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeg View Post
                      I'm just completing my application packet to submit for NMSP. Anyone familiar w/their process? I talked to a recruiter and he seemed pretty cool, and said I may only have to make 2-3 trips there.
                      You will go through a polly graph, then a extensive back ground investigation. If you make it past those two, then you move onto the oral board interview. Then you come back for a physc exam, then you come back for the last time for a complete physical.

Comment

Whats the policy on visable tattoos? (forearms)
                        I am not afraid... I was born to do this.

Comment

Holy revival of a two year old thread batman!

Comment

Originally posted by Batman21 View Post
                            Holy revival of a two year old thread batman!
                            *Necro's*

State Police are recruiting again! Just thought I'd let you all know!
                            http://164.64.161.58/training.php
                            I'm not an LEO...just providing info .
                            Last edited by ChiliManiac; 04-15-2010, 11:26 PM.
                            Originally posted by Law100
                            I didn't realize you were the chump that reported me. In that case, I hope you die slowly.
                            "Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months."
                            —Clifford Stoll

Comment

Anybody know how big their classes are? From the last academy class pics looks like around 20. Are they usually that small?
                              Delaware County Community College Municipal Police Academy Class 126: July-Dec 2009

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 158327 users online. 132 members and 158195 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Today.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X