300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albuquerque PD 200 Short

according to our local newspaper here today. They said the recruitment efforts will continue.
    I LIKE HANK Jr. - DEAL with IT!! sigpic

reading the academy guidelines it looksl ike they run an academy very militaristic in nature. no thanks.. i did that once...

Comment

what is the problem with recruitment do you think? Personally, I think the pay is low, but, I'm not sure about the economy as far as how it balances with the pay.

I'm in the process and waiting for the word, as I've done everything and passed.

As for the academy being militaristic, by looking at the rules posted, yeah, seems so, but I agree with strict discipline in the academy. How else does one get taught about the expectations of their behaviour?

Comment

They are strict and push you- the problem seems more on the pay side than anything else. I visit Albq. and it is a busy place and growing.
        Last edited by ECSO534; 12-27-2007, 03:30 PM.
        I LIKE HANK Jr. - DEAL with IT!! sigpic

Comment

The pay is a worry, especially as I may be a lateral. There is no extra incentive for laterals. If there were, financially, they'd probably get there numbers up.

Comment

Personally I think the pay is grossly uncompetitive. Having said that, I've gone on over a dozen ridealongs with other departments (from Boston to Hawaii) and have no problem saying APD is an outstanding department with outstanding personnel. Are there numbnuts in the field, inside, and in command--of course and I'm sure there always will be and they'll always have to be dealt with.

As far as the academy goes, it's a six hour day stretched into 10 hours with some yelling, a lot of PT, and occasionally moments of misery. Just show up in shape and it's easy. Find your 82 and you will breeze threw it--just don't get caught trying to outwit the instructors like I did and you'll be fine!!! The current basic training Sgt. is a good guy and the same goes for the training staff.

Am I viewing things through a rosy glass??? Maybe, but I chose not to got FBI/ATF/DEA to remain here (though I'm an import) and am having a great time. Our contract is in the midst of negotiations and we'll see what comes of things. The powers that be know we are SHORT on manpower and have a major case of denial but the fact that they opened up negotiations 6 mos earlier should be taken as a good sign...

Comment

I hear you, I only hope they increase the pay. I agree, the people I've met and spoken with were squared away and I cannot wait to get into the thick of things.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5354 users online. 342 members and 5012 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X