300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mexico Police?

Are there any New Mexico Police officers that can give me some background internally on there department? Such as the whole hiring process and personal experiences they have had while working for a certain department. I am currently trying to decide on the department I want to try out with, however I do not want to get into one and then transfer like alot of officer's have been doing lately. APD was my first choice, but then I went on a few ride alongs with a deputy with BCSO, I was kind of left with a harder decision. Then there has been RRPD which is growing dramatically and seems like there would be alot of oppurtunity in a smaller department for faster promotions into internal jobs.
    I am not sure yet where I will go or be accepted, but I definately want to make a good choice. Thanks for any help and information that you can give me. I really appreciate it.

"faster promotion to internal jobs" Huh?????? Disregard, just my perspective. APD is the largest agency in the state so there are opportunities virtually every week to move from where the workers are, I mean the field, to other positions.

BCSO has a great leader as their sheriff but he will be moving on with political aspirations....hopefully our mayor. APD's hiring process is thorough like most other agencies...PT/BI/Poly/Psych/Oral etc but they are hiring as fast as people can come so good luck!

Comment

Thanks alot Tacitus. I do appreciate it. How long have you been working for A.P.D. if you do not mind me asking?

Comment

Tacitus,

Do you have any idea of the length of time for the process? It seems to me that it doesn't take very long at all as they are trying to get me in the October class.

Comment

...in my fifth year and counting...I've seen them process people as quickly as 5 weeks...of course I've seen them dump them by the end of the morning too!!! Good luck!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4716 users online. 322 members and 4394 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X