Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iamkre8
    replied
    COMoparfan392 thank you for your insight!

Leave a comment:

• COMoparfan392
    commented on 's reply
    My aunt and uncle have lived in Phoenix for decades and they escape to the CO mountains from May-September every year. My aunt told me they recently had 4 days in a row that were 115 degrees plus. I’ve never had even the slightest interest in AZ due to the heat, but if I had to choose a place to live there Flagstaff would be my one and only choice. There’s also issues related to it being a border state. I’ve got a friend in the DPS, seems to like it, but I haven’t talked to him in years. Also know that the majority of the population in winter are snow birds.

• Iamkre8
    commented on 's reply
    Really I didn't know that. That's funny that you mentioned California and quality of life which is why az and nm was on my list. The wife wants to look into California but that's not my number 1 pick. What's your take on AZ?

• COMoparfan392
    replied
    Originally posted by Iamkre8 View Post
    Davet223 oh I misunderstood, what other hiring boards are you on? From the looks of it the uniform could change once you get into a specialty unit. Yeah the wife and I are looking at Arizona, california, and new Mexico. Nmsp ads keep popping up on my Facebook feed so I take it they really need people. We are looking for a good area to live and thrive with great quality of life also.
    Quality of life and California don’t even belong in the same sentence together. Also beware of New Mexico’s high crime rate, from my understanding most of it is cartel related.
    Last edited by COMoparfan392; 07-31-2020, 12:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Iamkre8
    replied
    Davet223 oh I misunderstood, what other hiring boards are you on? From the looks of it the uniform could change once you get into a specialty unit. Yeah the wife and I are looking at Arizona, california, and new Mexico. Nmsp ads keep popping up on my Facebook feed so I take it they really need people. We are looking for a good area to live and thrive with great quality of life also.

Leave a comment:

• Davet223
    replied
    Originally posted by Iamkre8 View Post
    Davet223 I have heard nothing but great things from then. I'm sure like everything else there's ups and downs. They are on my to apply if I decide to move to NM but we'll see. From the people I've spoken too and stuff I read seems like a good department. What other forums are you on? For the states im interested in as far living and working in these forums are pretty dead.
    Iamkre8 I've heard good things as well but, like you, am unsure about the move. Also, they're uniforms are pretty bad which seems minor but you'll be wearing it 40-60 hours a week.

I am not on any other forums, do you recommend any? Thanks for your response!

Leave a comment:

• Iamkre8
    replied
    Davet223 I have heard nothing but great things from then. I'm sure like everything else there's ups and downs. They are on my to apply if I decide to move to NM but we'll see. From the people I've spoken too and stuff I read seems like a good department. What other forums are you on? For the states im interested in as far living and working in these forums are pretty dead.

Leave a comment:

• Davet223
    started a topic Nmsp

Nmsp

I looked for a thread but couldn't find one forgive me if there is, I'm on my mobile. I'm on a few hiring boards for law enforcement and recieved a recruiting email from NMSP. It was interesting enough and I like the idea of being with state police oppose to troopers who deal primarily with traffic or highways. I recieved a call from a recruiter but haven't been able to get ahold of her yet.

Is anyone familiar with NMSP? Anyone have experience dealing with them? Basically looking for any information not from someone paid to tell me how great the organization is. Thanks and stay safe!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4863 users online. 326 members and 4537 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X