300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lateral to NM

First of all, can anyone explain why this page is so dead? The whole thread is only 3 pages long and it goes back to 2005, that is 15 years folks. Lol.

I have several years of LE experience. My family and I are moving to NM this year. My wife works from home as a Financial Advisor. She can live anywhere and she receives the same annual salary. So, making a lot of money is not a necessity but I do want to be somewhere with an awesome admin who will have your back and a dept with good camaraderie. I dont care if it a big city dept or a small rural sheriffs office. We do have a daughter who is about to be 4. So good schools would be great and preferably, not a high violent crime area.

How competitive is getting a job in NM as a lateral? Do you have 20 applicants for every opening?

Do most depts expedite the hiring process for laterals? IE: waive the written and PAT, you apply and go straight to backgrounds?

Regarding the retirement program...I am 39 years old. I see the retirement is a 25 year plan and you get 75% of your pay, I will be 60 in just over 20 years. Is there an exception where I can retire in 20 years with 75% as long as I am 60 years old with 20 years on or would I have to put in 25 no matter what?

Please feel free to leave suggestions. If your dept is solid and has openings and you would prefer to PM, please do that.

One last thing. Is NM under the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals?

Thanks in advance.

Stay safe

I think this page is dead because I believe there is (was?) only one NM cop on the forum. I say this with caution because I haven't seen him post in a long time. I believe he was with a rural SO.
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by MCSO-3420 View Post
      First of all, can anyone explain why this page is so dead? The whole thread is only 3 pages long and it goes back to 2005, that is 15 years folks. Lol.

I have several years of LE experience. My family and I are moving to NM this year. My wife works from home as a Financial Advisor. She can live anywhere and she receives the same annual salary. So, making a lot of money is not a necessity but I do want to be somewhere with an awesome admin who will have your back and a dept with good camaraderie. I dont care if it a big city dept or a small rural sheriffs office. We do have a daughter who is about to be 4. So good schools would be great and preferably, not a high violent crime area.

How competitive is getting a job in NM as a lateral? Do you have 20 applicants for every opening?

Do most depts expedite the hiring process for laterals? IE: waive the written and PAT, you apply and go straight to backgrounds?

Regarding the retirement program...I am 39 years old. I see the retirement is a 25 year plan and you get 75% of your pay, I will be 60 in just over 20 years. Is there an exception where I can retire in 20 years with 75% as long as I am 60 years old with 20 years on or would I have to put in 25 no matter what?

Please feel free to leave suggestions. If your dept is solid and has openings and you would prefer to PM, please do that.

One last thing. Is NM under the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals?

Thanks in advance.

Stay safe
      Best of luck with the move! I recieved a recruitment email from NMSP and am starting to talk with a recruiter however I'm hoping someone who isn't a recruiter can tell me a bit about it.

Comment

Thank you. Is NMSP offering a lateral academy? From what I have heard, they are a great agency. Only downside is you have to go to all of the academy or a partial one if they open it up to laterals.

On their recruitment website, they have a great section which describes all the different areas of the state you can be stationed. Coming from the outside, I felt it was very informative.

Comment

Hey MCSO... I'm in a similar boat. I"m looking at Hobbs PD. I'm moving from Flori-DUH out west
          The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4942 users online. 320 members and 4622 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X