300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Fe Police Dept

Can anyone speak about Santa Fe police Dept and the area? Things like pay, incentives, benefits, hours, and things to do while off duty? Oh, and also what the cost of living is comparable to?

2Lucky

Originally posted by 2Lucky View Post
    things to do while off duty? Oh, and also what the cost of living is comparable to?

2Lucky
    Things to do while off duty? There is not much to do in Santa Fe if you are the type of person who likes to go clubbing.
    What the cost of living is comparable to? It's pretty high if not the highest in the entire state.
    If you have any questions about the city different just ask me.

Santa Fe Police Department is Recruiting both Cadets & Laterals
    Benefits include:
    Top rated P.E.R.A. Retirement Plan
    70% after 20 years
    80% after 22 years 11 months

Shift Differential Pay:
    5% more for swing, 10% more for graveyard of the officer’s base salary.
    Specialized Units On Call receive an additional $200 per week while working on call status.

Educational Incentive Pay:
    A.A. Degree $50 a month
    B.A. Degree $100 a month
    M.A. Degree $150 a month

60 mile radius vehicle TAKE HOME policy

Salary Information:
    Starting Salary for Cadet: $14.25 hr (applicants will receive $15.50 hr upon graduation from the police academy, $16.90 after probation year.)

Starting Salary for PO 1: $16.90 hr (must have 1 to 3 years service as a Commissioned Officer)

Starting Salary for PO 2: $18.14 hr (must have 3 to 6 years service as a Commissioned Officer)

Starting Salary for PO 3: $20.14 hr (must have 6 years and above of service as a Commissioned Officer)

Specialty Pay:
    S.W.A.T., K-9, F.T.O, E.O.D., $175 / month
    Bilingual Pay: $100 / month
    Clothing Allowance: $600 / year
    Cash Allowance: $175 / year

Health/Dental Insurance: 30% employees share

Paid Off-Duty Court Appearances

Sign On Bonuses
    $2,500 for Cadets
    And
    $5,000 for Laterals
    Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

Thank you Illomatix,
      I saw that on their website. When you say the cost of living is high, what would be the average cost of buying a 3 bedroom home, oh about 1600sf? Where I am from it is about 90,000 in a good neighborhood.

Comment

Thank you Illomatix, I saw that on their website. When you say the cost of living is high, what would be the average cost of buying a 3 bedroom home, oh about 1600sf? Where I am from it is about 90,000 in a good neighborhood.
        I do not know exactly the percent but quite a few officers do not live with in the city of Santa Fe due to the high prices. To be totally honest 90,000 would get you much in Santa Fe. The lowest price i found in the northwest side of town is 379,00 for a 3 bed 2 bath 1,582 square foot. I found a realty website for you to look at to see what the prices are around here. http://www.santafeproperties.com/index.html. A 3 bedroom apartment is around 835 a month the cheapest runs 765 a month.
        Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

I don't think you'll have any problems getting hired. Read this article, scary stuff if you ask me.

http://www.officer.com/article/artic...&siteSection=1
          "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 -1965) British Prime Minister.

Comment

I saw it, if it is about them hiring mexican nationals. Question: They raise a reasonable point. If the military does it, why not a police department?

Alos, if they are talking about hiring them "from" Mexico instead of illegals that have been here for years, would that make a difference?

Comment

When I contacted the recruiter he said they were only hiring 40 people. Is it that hard to get 40 people in NM? When I heard 40 people I was discouraged. I was hoping to hear 100+
              Last edited by comilehighpower; 05-18-2007, 07:17 PM. Reason: word

Comment

40 is a huge number in New Mexico.....that's about as good as it gets

Comment

I saw it, if it is about them hiring mexican nationals. Question: They raise a reasonable point. If the military does it, why not a police department?

Alos, if they are talking about hiring them "from" Mexico instead of illegals that have been here for years, would that make a difference?
                  Though Im from NC, I wander around to other forums occasionally. Your post about hiring non- US citizens really bothers me.

The difference is that you would have a non-US resident arresting US citizens, and enforcing US laws. Sorry, but do resident aliens even swear an oath of allegiance to America? Treading in dangerous waters, and if I ever found out the department I am working for was considering something like this, I promise I would submit my resignation and move on in a heart beat.

This is not the type of job you can outsource, or lower standards so low because you cant get enough officers to fill the ranks.
                  John 15:13 - Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Comment

Outsourcing?

Originally posted by NC Marine View Post
                    Though Im from NC, I wander around to other forums occasionally. Your post about hiring non- US citizens really bothers me.

The difference is that you would have a non-US resident arresting US citizens, and enforcing US laws. Sorry, but do resident aliens even swear an oath of allegiance to America? Treading in dangerous waters, and if I ever found out the department I am working for was considering something like this, I promise I would submit my resignation and move on in a heart beat.

This is not the type of job you can outsource, or lower standards so low because you cant get enough officers to fill the ranks.
                    NC Marine,

I agree, you cannot outsource law enforcement. But, my question goes to the double standards law makers and administrators continue to make. For instance, Memphis PD has lowered the criminal record standards for recruits. If you hire a recruit who has been arrested for theft, they get hired and get out on the streets, then they steal something, can you fire them? I wouldn't think so, if they accepted this person with a pre-disposition for theft.

Hiring illegal aliens and fast tracking them to be citizens bothers me for the simple fact that it takes time for background checks. How in the H**l can you do a background check on one from another country? That may have been too simplistic a question for that particular situation, however, with the amount of liberalism they have in that area, I wouldn't be surprised to see some type of bill or law passed to endorse it.
                    2lucky
                    Last edited by 2Lucky; 06-08-2007, 07:48 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6112 users online. 323 members and 5789 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X