300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albuquerque Out of State Certified?

Does anyone know what the process is for Albuquerque out of state certified laterals?

How difficult is it to challend NM POST?

Check this link for the requirements: http://www.apdonline.com/requirements/lateral.html

Currently their is a big push to hire more officers and they're having a hard time feeling up academy classes. I believe the last graduating class had around 10 recruits. So, if you have LEO expierence I doubt you'll have any problems.
    Last edited by Helojacob; 04-22-2007, 12:50 PM.
    "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 -1965) British Prime Minister.

Comment

Thanks a lot Helojacob,

I called NM Post and they seem to want a lot of records which was my only concern. I do not know how long my old dept holds onto records.

Do you know much about the dept and its people or the area, such was what type of call loads they have etc?

Comment

Do you know much about the dept and its people or the area, such was what type of call loads they have etc?[/QUOTE]

I know a lot about the department, I'm not a officer but my dad has been with APD since 1983. The South East area command has always been known as a "Rockin N' Rollin" type of area. Officers seem to be running from call to call with not a lot of time for pro-active police work. The Westside of ABQ is the fastest growing with a lot of new housing developments. Feel free to ask any more questions and I'll try to get you the straight answer.
        "Let our advance worrying become advance thinking and planning." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 -1965) British Prime Minister.

Comment

Thank you Helojacob,

I may end up taking a trip there in June.

Comment

Helojacob,

Do you know much about Alamogordo, like is it still a small town with a large military community?

I haven't been there since 94.

Comment

I'm not to fimiliar with Alamogordo. But, from my understanding it's a small town drivin by the local military base.

Comment

Are there any Albuquerque PD officers here? Would you share your experience and describe things to do in Albuquerque?

I'd appreciate it and thanx,
                2Lucky

Comment

So, not many APD people interested in posting, hmmm, com'n share!!!!

Comment

First thing is that I'm not an APD officer nor do I have ties to the department nor the city of Albuquerque, but I do happen to go there quite a fews times a year. It all depends on what you like to do with your free time. If you like to shop there are 3 malls within Albuquerque, golf or play out doors plenty of that, art there are plenty places to go especially up I-25 an hour in Santa Fe Canyon road is full of art studios. So it all depends on what you want to do.
                    Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

I live in Albuquerque and yes there is a big push to hire more officers. Currently now in the news it seems as if the chief is trying to squeeze the numbers to make it seem as if everything is covered. I grew up wanting to work for A.P.D. and now I am shifting my focus on other departments. Reason being is that the Mayor of Albuqueruqe seems to use the department in a different way that I would want to be apart of. I don't think I could put it in a nicer way. However the job from all the officers I have came acrossseem to enjoy it for the most part. It is 4-10 shifts. Alot of o.t. alot of action especially in the south valley. Border Patrol makes weekly sweeps down there. There is alot of diversity and alot of transfers from other states here in Albuquerque. If you want a job with alot to do this is a great place. If you want things to do for personal time you will be done in a few weeks.

Comment

I'm active duty APD....what can I tell you? Yeah there are days that are VERY busy but then there are days like today: 3 felony drug trafficking arrests in three separate incidents and 5 misdemeanor arrests--all self initiated. Not bad hunting for the day???

Comment

Not bad at all. Can anyone say anything about the hiring process for out of state laterals?

I'm looking forward to being successful in this process. I got some good feed back about the work atmosphere there. Work is what I'm looking for.

Tacitus, that is a busy day in Memphis, so no siree, not a bad huntin' day at all. :>

2Lucky

Comment

I enjoy working here. Our department has some morale issues going on but as long as you've got a decent partner to vent with things are good. Plenty, plenty, plenty of OT work for the taking and things are only going to improve in terms of pay & benefits. As for work...Albuquerque is a stocked pond so don't bother coming if you're gonna be lazy!!!

Comment

Tacitus,

I hope we meet. You sound like me and my old partners. Amen to that in not coming if I don't plan on working. I crave an active ward or precinct. :> Bring it on. I'll keep you posted with how I do next weekend.

The hard part is getting the paperwork AZ POST wants to show my POST certification. They want copies of training records and in service records. But, after that, piece of cake.

I was worried about the work atmosphere there until you posted. I'm sure there are some who may disagree with you, however, the main thing was in knowing Albuquerque was not a bedroom community. Yeah, morale may be down, but, it's always been down in Memphis and it's only gotten worse, unfortunately.

Be safe Tacitus

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6320 users online. 313 members and 6007 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X