300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions About Artesia Police Background

I am currently going through the background process with Artesia Police. It has been about six weeks since my oral board and intergrity interview. I had taken four oral boards in one trip. This is for the Police Community Service Officer I, Detention Officer I, Emergency Communications Dispatcher I, and Animal Control Officer I. My hopes are to work as a Police Community Service Officer I and then try to lateral over to Police patrol position.

My question is how long does the background process usually take? Is it difficult to get on with this agency? Do the Police Community Service Officers get take home vehicles? Also, has anyone seen the new units yet?

Thank-you for your response.

Hopefully soon

The process is one in which we have one Officer attempting to do the work of 3. It is becoming harder to get onto the department simply because most all the slots are filled and we have so many applicants for a couple of positions. Stick with it, and I am sure you should be hearing something soon. The process is what it is though and sometimes can be alittle drawn out.

I will let you know that you may want to call
    Sgt Ramona Bailey and inquire to where you are at in the process her number is (505) 748-8283 or email at [email protected]

Comment

I called and left a message this morning. I hope I get on at least; maybe get my foot in the door. Sgt. Bailey told me that I really did good on all my oral boards. She told me that the Commander Martinez was impressed as well and I recieved a 97% on the Police Community Service Officer board.

I also noticed no names were up for hire at the last two/three city council meetings. Does anyone know if the new PCSO unit has hit the streets yet?

Comment

I can not tell you how long it will take, but I know that the command staff is working on getting the cso position filled. As it was said before, try to contact Sgt Bailey on a week day and she should have an update for you soon.

It is not hard to get on, I know that the detention officers are short handed and so is the animal control position.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5116 users online. 316 members and 4800 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X