300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos Hiring

Hey NM. Where is the best place online to see what NM depts are hiring?

The best site that I have found is one of two,
    911hotjobs.com and list for law enforcement and which state
    and the other is law enforcementjobs.comand click on which state or type of law enforcement job.

Comment

Check out job listings at the New Mexico Municipal League

http://www.nmml.org/job_bank.htm
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Hiring

Also try http://www.dps.nm.org/training/LEcareer.htm

Comment

New Mexico is a grate state to live in & work in.
          Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

New Mexico Cop

I moved to New Mexico from Colorado to get into law enforcement. I love New Mexico. I work in tucumcari but am testing with Albuquerqe Pd, Rio Rancho Pd, Santa Fe PD. APD has a $3000.00 hiring bonus, Santa Fe has a $5000.00 hiring bonus. Santa Fe needs officers bad. There down 25 plus. APD and Rio Rancho are probably the best agencies. Check them out.

Comment

Santa Fe Police Department is Recruiting both Cadets & Laterals
              Benefits include:
              Top rated P.E.R.A. Retirement Plan
              70% after 20 years
              80% after 22 years 11 months

Shift Differential Pay:
              5% more for swing, 10% more for graveyard of the officer’s base salary.
              Specialized Units On Call receive an additional $200 per week while working on call status.

Educational Incentive Pay:
              A.A. Degree $50 a month
              B.A. Degree $100 a month
              M.A. Degree $150 a month

60 mile radius vehicle TAKE HOME policy

Salary Information:
              Starting Salary for Cadet: $14.25 hr (applicants will receive $15.50 hr upon graduation from the police academy, $16.90 after probation year.)

Starting Salary for PO 1: $16.90 hr (must have 1 to 3 years service as a Commissioned Officer)

Starting Salary for PO 2: $18.14 hr (must have 3 to 6 years service as a Commissioned Officer)

Starting Salary for PO 3: $20.14 hr (must have 6 years and above of service as a Commissioned Officer)

Specialty Pay:
              S.W.A.T., K-9, F.T.O, E.O.D., $175 / month
              Bilingual Pay: $100 / month
              Clothing Allowance: $600 / year
              Cash Allowance: $175 / year

Health/Dental Insurance: 30% employees share

Paid Off-Duty Court Appearances

Sign On Bonuses
              $2,500 for Cadets
              And
              $5,000 for Laterals
              Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

Originally posted by thinblue
                Albuquerqe Pd, Rio Rancho Pd, Santa Fe PD. APD has a $3000.00 hiring bonus, Santa Fe has a $5000.00 hiring bonus. Santa Fe needs officers bad. There down 25 plus. APD and Rio Rancho are probably the best agencies. Check them out.
                I have gone to the length to track down the info for the 3 above mentioned departments.

Albuquerque Police Department Recruitment Website
                http://www.apdonline.com/index_flash.shtml

Rio Rancho Dept. of Public Safety Recruitment Information
                http://www.ci.rio-rancho.nm.us/index.asp?NID=200

Santa Fe Police Department Recruitment Information
                http://www.santafenm.gov/police-depa...ecruitment.asp

Thinblue is correct the Santa Fe Police is really hurting for officers.
                Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before, however, I haven't seen it. Can anyone speak as to the average length of time for for the hiring process or out of state certified offiers and possible amount of trips?

2Lucky

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky View Post
                    I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before, however, I haven't seen it. Can anyone speak as to the average length of time for for the hiring process or out of state certified officers and possible amount of trips?

2Lucky
                    Albuquerque Police Department's recruiting website http://www.apdonline.com/application/ states the entire selection process takes from two to three months. Any and all components of the selection process can be changed by the Police Department without prior notice.

The selection process as stated on there website is a 15-step process. I'm sad to say that I have no clue to how many times that you would have to come to New Mexico during the process your best bet is to Contact the Recruiting Unit at (505) 343-5020 for further information on Lateral Transfer Officer positions.
                    Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

For APD, you'll be looking at taking at least two trips out here. The first for the initial weekend assessment and then later for your polygraph, medical, oral board, psych, etc. Given that the department is being very aggressive in the hiring I'd like to think recruiting will work hard to accommodate out of state applicants but you never know...I'd give it at least two months but not really anymore.... Great place to work if you can get over it's a department in transition with growing pains!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4610 users online. 304 members and 4306 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X