X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fgl_usmc
    Forum Member
    • Jan 2015

NMSP Lateral Academy

NMSP has opened their 2016 Lateral Academy for out of state apps. Anyone have info on this? Goods, bads about the Dept. Places people prefer to work throughout the state. What is the current daily workload of a Patrolman.
    Last edited by fgl_usmc; 03-09-2016, 05:30 AM.
  • GopherFanatic19
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2011

Originally posted by fgl_usmc
    NMSP has opened their 2016 Lateral Academy for out of state apps. Anyone have info on this? Goods, bads about the Dept. Places people prefer to work throughout the state. What is the current daily workload of a Patrolman.
    Well, I cant get into the good and bad since I don't work for them. Obviously your high areas of preference to work are Las Cruces, ABQ since they are big cities and have a lot of things. Then from there it really depends on what you want to do, more highway stuff you would pick SE due to high oilfield traffic/crashes, more calls for service like domestics etc you would pick up north like Espinola/Las Vegas area.

Daily workload is depending on where you work and day really, could be busy and it could be slow, just depends.

NMSP gets paid ok not really the highest but did just have a pay raise to keep them somewhat competitive. They are down many Officers and need the help. A big negative would be getting placed in the middle of nowhere for a year or two so you just have to take your chances when it comes to that.

Comment

• fgl_usmc
      Forum Member
      • Jan 2015

Gopher,

Thanks for the insight. Kinda open your eyes a little when thinking of places to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

• fgl_usmc
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2015

Anybody else testing?

Comment

• GopherFanatic19
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by fgl_usmc
          Anybody else testing?

Not to many people visit the NM section.

Comment

• fgl_usmc
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2015

No crap!

Comment

• astanko16
              Forum Member
              • Nov 2011

Do you know anything about the live-in academy? Just wondering if you can leave on weekends... Also, is NMSP still looking to fill many slots? Read an article posted about a year ago stating they were in dire need of recruits. Do you get to choose a top 3 location list or no say at all?

Comment

• fgl_usmc
                Forum Member
                • Jan 2015

As far as the Lateral you have choice, depending on your stats. Not sure about academy, I have not atteneded. Pretty sure everyone across America is hurting for applicants.

Comment

• GopherFanatic19
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2011

Its a live in academy and I believe the SP do not allow you to leave during the weekends but I could be wrong. Easiest way to find out is pick up that cell phone and call a recruiter to find out. I am sure they would answer all your questions. SP is still in need of Recruits, and like the other poster said, many places across the states need recruits.

You have a wish list, and more than likely you could probably pick where you wanna go, but in the end they will send you where you are needed the most.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17706 users online. 36 members and 17670 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...