300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beretta_m9a1 View Post
    i keep seeing APD on indeed here in Las Vegas. are they really that "desperate" for LEO's? dont mean it to be disrespectful, just looking to see how difficult it would be to get hired on, because im an out of state applicant

I am not an LEO myself so I can't say either way. But their website made it super easy. I answered 30 questions maybe it said I was good to go ahead and schedule for the process. Which it seems everyone gets scheduled for expedited. I am flying out there in a couple of weeks to start the process.
    USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
    Oorah!

Comment

i keep seeing APD on indeed here in Las Vegas. are they really that "desperate" for LEO's? dont mean it to be disrespectful, just looking to see how difficult it would be to get hired on, because im an out of state applicant
      They probably aren't desperate and get a ton of apps but like every other agency they probably DQ a large majority of them.

Comment

Originally posted by dvon714 View Post
        They probably aren't desperate and get a ton of apps but like every other agency they probably DQ a large majority of them.
        im sure thats with all agencies but most dont offer a 5,500 sign on bonus, and im doubtful neighboring states are seeing "Las Vegas Metro hiring for Police Officer Recruit" in their indeed web searches. just keeping my options open

Comment

Originally posted by 813Deputy2b View Post
          I am not an LEO myself so I can't say either way. But their website made it super easy. I answered 30 questions maybe it said I was good to go ahead and schedule for the process. Which it seems everyone gets scheduled for expedited. I am flying out there in a couple of weeks to start the process.
          hey good luck with your process. for what its worth, Metro here in Vegas is hiring over 360 officers this year, and NHP need Officers too

Comment

hey good luck with your process. for what its worth, Metro here in Vegas is hiring over 360 officers this year, and NHP need Officers too
            I wanted to work LVMPD when I was stationed on the west coast. Just haven't been able to find a place for a family out there. Then again, Albuquerque isn't much bette it appears for a family lol. But thanks for the heads up!
            USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
            Oorah!

Comment

Tried sending a PM but it says you have them off. Anyway, the LVMPD site only has a posting for corrections recruit, nothing for LE. Any idea when they'll put up a posting for it!?
              USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
              Oorah!

Comment

Originally posted by 813Deputy2b View Post
                Tried sending a PM but it says you have them off. Anyway, the LVMPD site only has a posting for corrections recruit, nothing for LE. Any idea when they'll put up a posting for it!?
                AUGUST (Traditional)
                Open: Wednesday, July 13, 2016
                Close: Wednesday, August 3, 2016 @ 3:00p PST
                Fitness: Tuesday, August 16, 2016
                Written: Wednesday, August 17, 2016
                Oral Boards: Beginning Thursday, August 18, 2016

SEPTEMBER (NTN)
                Open: Monday, August 29, 2016
                Close: Monday, September 12, 2016 @ 3:00p PST
                Fitness / Oral Boards: Beginning Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Comment

any updates from any of the weekend/out-of-state testers?

Comment

Damn 87,000 a year. Just saw this on indeed. Really tempted now hmmmm

Comment

Damn 87,000 a year. Just saw this on indeed. Really tempted now hmmmm
                      that's a whole heck of a lot of overtime. cuz salary for an officer from graduation to 1 year is 39k and after 1 year is almost 54k. that 87k is averaged from their top 50 earning officers.

Comment

Ouch, glad I withdrew lol. Their website was saying low 60s starting. Wonder what changed
                        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                        Oorah!

Comment

APD has been struggling for a little while to have enough officers. They recruit into social/job sites quite heavily but it never seems to be enough. Here is an article from May 2016, I have seen one more recently saying basically the same thing but I cannot find it.

https://www.abqjournal.com/783197/po...ide-issue.html

Comment

Any of you guys end up getting in here?

Comment

I'm not sure if anyone here got on. I don't like that APD uses body cams though.

Comment

Liability reasons
                                Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
                                USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
                                "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
                                Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5361 users online. 317 members and 5044 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X