300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albuquerque Police Dept. is Hiring!!!

Great benefits, competitive pay, exciting work.

Check us out...

www.apdonline.com

Joseph T. Wolf
    Director of Training
    Albuquerque Police Department
    505-343-5000

I would apply however I don't have 60 credit hours.
    Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

Havent you been hiring for a while. I heard you are down 300 Officers

Comment

Is that true are you down that many officers?

Comment

-They currently are down about 80 officers, and up to 200 could be retiring because of state pension issues. (Jan. 8,2013)

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/...#ixzz2tncJQslM

-But building the police department's numbers has been a challenge. It is funded to staff 1,100 officers, but it hasn't hit that number in five years.
          According to the mayor's office, it's down to 955 officers.

Read more: http://www.koat.com/news/new-mexico/...#ixzz2tncso2iU

Comment

I heard the dept has a lot of issues regarding morale, use-of-force policy, DOJ investigations, etc.

Comment

I'm considering applying, how is Albuquerque, trying to do as much research as I can and really can't find much. How's the background? Super strict?

Comment

Shawn1013 did you ever apply for the Albuquerque police or never applied?

Comment

I am starting testing in February! Looking forward to getting started.

Comment

Originally posted by Brnnncrzy191168 View Post
                    I am starting testing in February! Looking forward to getting started.
                    Best of luck ! Be sure to post how the testing weekend went. I'm Considering testing sometime in March.

Comment

I like how the testing process is orchestrated, super easy for out of town applicants. Just curious, anyone know about how many people show up on a typical testing weekend ? How many people do they usually run in an academy class ?

Anyone familiar with the area…seems like the N.E. part of the city has better schools, what part of the city is best for families, kids, schools, etc. ?

Thanks.

Comment

Coming from North Carolina in late August for this testing. Seems pretty straight forward, 90% if you're highest paid years is unheard of in almost any profession and agencies around the U.S. at least so that's pretty amazing. We'll see, I am getting out of the Marine Corps in a couple of months. And have already gotten, a few thanks but no thanks emails. Maybe APD will be different! All the best to those applying.
                        USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                        Oorah!

Comment

Originally posted by 813Deputy2b View Post
                          Coming from North Carolina in late August for this testing. Seems pretty straight forward, 90% if you're highest paid years is unheard of in almost any profession and agencies around the U.S. at least so that's pretty amazing. We'll see, I am getting out of the Marine Corps in a couple of months. And have already gotten, a few thanks but no thanks emails. Maybe APD will be different! All the best to those applying.

Is APD still actively recruiting? I have been considering them. Last I read, they were looking to hire a couple hundred officers.

Comment

Originally posted by astanko16 View Post
                            Is APD still actively recruiting? I have been considering them. Last I read, they were looking to hire a couple hundred officers.

I found them when I was applying for jobs on indeed.com lol. Very strange application process honestly. I haven't seen anything like it before. Their website has you answer some basic stuff, if you pass all the questions you're selected to come out for 3 days of tests. Two written tests, pt test, and psych eval. They have an academy slated for 21 November, doubt I would get in. But I am going to try! They're offering a 5k signing bonus, and 2200 to move from out of state!

USMC-6322 Comm/Nav Tech
                            Oorah!

Comment

i keep seeing APD on indeed here in Las Vegas. are they really that "desperate" for LEO's? dont mean it to be disrespectful, just looking to see how difficult it would be to get hired on, because im an out of state applicant

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4131 users online. 259 members and 3872 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X