300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification on age

There's a member Mag-3 that says he's a certified LEO in a silver city,NM at the age of 18. Is that legit? In CA you can be hired at 20 1/2 so when you graduate your. 21. Just want too get some veteran LEOs in NM opinion.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

In the state of New Mexico you have to be 21 to be a certified LEO.
    Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

Originally posted by moparfan View Post
      There's a member Mag-3 that says he's a certified LEO in a silver city,NM at the age of 18. Is that legit? In CA you can be hired at 20 1/2 so when you graduate your. 21. Just want too get some veteran LEOs in NM opinion.
      Actually, the minimum age for appointment as a peace officer in California is 18 (Government Code1031(b)) Few agencies hire at that age, but some have been known to do so.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by illomatix View Post
        In the state of New Mexico you have to be 21 to be a certified LEO.
        Are you sure? From another website

New Mexico State Law requires that all police officers must meet the following criteria:

29-7-6. Qualifications for certification.

A. An applicant for certification shall provide evidence satisfactory to the board that he:

1.is a citizen of the United States and has reached the age of majority;

2.holds a high school diploma or the equivalent;

3.holds a valid driver's license;

4.has not been convicted of or pled guilty to or entered a plea of nolo contendere to any felony charge or, within the three-year period immediately preceding his application, to any violation of any federal or state law or local ordinance relating to aggravated assault, theft, driving while intoxicated, controlled substances or other crime involving moral turpitude and has not been released or discharged under dishonorable conditions from any of the armed forces of the United States;

5.after examination by a licensed physician, is free of any physical condition that might adversely affect his performance as a police officer or prohibit him from successfully completing a prescribed basic law enforcement training required by the Law Enforcement Training Act [Chapter 29, Article 7 NMSA 1978];

6.after examination by a certified psychologist, is free of any emotional or mental condition that might adversely affect his performance as a police officer or prohibit him from successfully completing a prescribed basic law enforcement training required by the Law Enforcement Training Act;

7.is of good moral character;

8.has met any other requirements for certification prescribed by the board pursuant to regulations adopted by the board; and

9.has previously been awarded a certificate of completion by the director attesting to the applicant's completion of an approved law enforcement training program.
        The age of majority in New Mexico is 18 years of age. (Section 40-4-7 (b)(3)(b))
        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I am mistaken. I looked and in Silver City on there website it states
          Employment Qualifications

Minimum High School Education
          No Felony Convictions
          No Convictions of Domestic Violence
          Able to pass Entry Written Exam, Background, Psychological Exam
          Valid New Mexico Drivers License
          18 Years of age or older

Pretty much every were else is you must be 21 years of age by graduation from the academy.
          Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

Most Municipal departments in NM will hire at 18. For Sate Police and most Sheriff’s departments in the state its 21. Myself and a few other Officers started at 18.

Comment

I went to the academy with a 19 year old. My agency requires 21 years old to hire. (You can start the process earlier just have to be 21 by hire date).

Comment

That's almost too young to start out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4087 users online. 286 members and 3801 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X