300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alamogordo DPS, Silver City PD

Anyone have experience with either of these agencies?

Hey SL.. I haven't taken the step to test out there, but I was looking at Farmington and Roswell PD real hard. How's the current hiring climate out there in NM? How's the hiring process going?

Comment

The hiring climate here is there are lots of jobs and not very many qualified applicants. Its a good state to apply in. I am testing with Roswell next month. Right now i've been running daily getting ready for the physical tests. Its harder to run out here because of the elevation and the heat so be aware of that if you do come to test.
      Last edited by slsteiner88; 04-24-2012, 08:02 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Las Cruces PD accepts lateral applications year round- currently have about 11 vacancies.
        $41,510.26 - $47,620.78 DOQ
        1. Serve the public trust
        2. Protect the innocent
        3. Uphold the law

Comment

Originally posted by cm289 View Post
          Las Cruces PD accepts lateral applications year round- currently have about 11 vacancies.
          $41,510.26 - $47,620.78 DOQ
          Las Cruces seems to be a cool agency to work for.... I've seen them on TV a few times.

I don't understand why seemingly the entire state of New Mexico is hiring. It boggles my mind because there are no jobs anywhere else. New Mexico is like a hidden gem. So many opportunities out there. I'd love to go over there and test now, but I have a family that I'd have to uproot so it's not that easy for me to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by kiddorbitz01 View Post
            Las Cruces seems to be a cool agency to work for.... I've seen them on TV a few times.

I don't understand why seemingly the entire state of New Mexico is hiring. It boggles my mind because there are no jobs anywhere else. New Mexico is like a hidden gem. So many opportunities out there. I'd love to go over there and test now, but I have a family that I'd have to uproot so it's not that easy for me to leave.
            I think alot of it is that there are so many federal agencies in the southern part of the state that many qualified people choose to go that route. There is a huge border patrol and ice presense here. In many of the areas in SE New Mexico, the pay often isn't that great compared to what people could make in the oil fields. One recruiter for the sheriff's office in Las Cruces told me that it seems that the only people they have applying anymore are those who just want jobs, and don't have genuine interests in police work. I cant really speak for the Northern part of the state however.

Comment

I worked for Roswell PD in the mid/late 70s & while that IS a long time ago, coming from out of State (NYC) it was a little bit of culture shock. For guys out of State you have to realize that the standard of living & therefore the pay isn't as high as you may be used to. Many agencies are smaller than alot of places so their budget isn't as big which means the hiring standards may not be as high as you hoped (they simply can't afford the vetting of applicants) so your co-workers may leave something to desire. But I DID enjoy it and it was agreat learning experience......

Comment

Out of curiosity, which local/state agency in New Mexico is the highest paying. I saw that NMSP is pretty good but just out of sheer curiosity which is the highest? To be honest I'm curious but if dreams come to plan, the FDNY is where I hope to be!

Comment

Originally posted by Airlinerd View Post
                  Out of curiosity, which local/state agency in New Mexico is the highest paying. I saw that NMSP is pretty good but just out of sheer curiosity which is the highest? To be honest I'm curious but if dreams come to plan, the FDNY is where I hope to be!
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone..... Albuquerque PD is the highest paying agency in NM..

Comment

Originally posted by kiddorbitz01 View Post
                    Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone..... Albuquerque PD is the highest paying agency in NM..
                    No sir, you would be correct, APD is currently the highest paid agency in New Mexico. I lived in Farmington though and for the cost of living most of the agencies in the area were paying very well.......(Farmington PD, San Juan County Sheriff, Aztec PD, Bloomfield PD, NM State Police,etc....)
                    Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. - Matthew 5:9

Welcome to the greatest show on earth......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5834 users online. 360 members and 5474 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X