• Show
Clear All

• dannmann1050
    replied
    I'd like to get information on the SE area (oil fields) or Mtn areas

Leave a comment:

• dannmann1050
    replied
    bumping thread... Any agencies like out-of-staters and do convenient hiring processes?

Leave a comment:

• Sfield24
    replied
    Anyone still active on this and want to share there experiences??

Leave a comment:

• Homeboy990
    replied
    Anyone got any info on APD? I'm from Mass- just applied and most of the info here is a bit old.

Leave a comment:

• astanko16
    replied
    Originally posted by j4jmeans View Post
    I applied for Hobbs PD and took the written test and oral board the same day as a lateral from Texas. I declined any further consideration when they told me that I had to go through their academy again and I was committed to five years, with no bonus money. In addition I got the impression that I wasn't going to fit in there.

PM me when you get a chance. I have a couple questions for you.

Leave a comment:

• j4jmeans
    replied
    I applied for Hobbs PD and took the written test and oral board the same day as a lateral from Texas. I declined any further consideration when they told me that I had to go through their academy again and I was committed to five years, with no bonus money. In addition I got the impression that I wasn't going to fit in there.

Leave a comment:

• astanko16
    replied
    Any updates on Hobbs PD process? Are they still offering signing bonuses? Curious on how the process went for you.

Leave a comment:

• RBD1
    replied
    As a follow up... Testing went very well. Now just waiting on the call to come out and finish part 2 of the process.
    I had a great experience while I was there and had the opportunity to meet some of the officers, who were a great group of people.
    Now the waiting begins. This is the hard part. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• RBD1
    replied
    Wow, that's fantastic. Out here on the east coast that would never happen.
    Thank you for that information, it's great to be able to speak with someone who knows the procedure. January can't come fast enough.

Have a wonderful Christmas holiday, and stay safe out there.
    Thank you again.

Leave a comment:

• GopherFanatic19
    replied
    Originally posted by RBD1 View Post
    With the holidays approaching, I decided to be in Hobbs the 1st week in January.
    I am guessing I won't make the February 11th academy, however if I read your post correctly, I could be hired and brought onto HPD and be sent to the academy at a later date?
    So I guess I would do non police activities until the academy starts?

Negative Ghostrider! You would very much start police activities. You would obviously do in house training for how long I don't know cause I don't work for HPD, but you can expect a month or two at the latest. Then you begin FTO and can complete it and be on your own. The state says the dept. Has one year from hire date to send you to the academy. So you could be a full time patrol deputy and on your own for 10 months then the dept says on month 11 you start the academy.

If HPD doesn't work, look at Roswell, Carlsbad, Lea county, Chaves county, Eddy county lots of places hiring with good pay

Leave a comment:

• RBD1
    replied
    Originally posted by GopherFanatic19 View Post
    Im sure if all of that goes well you're only a couple months out from starting. Academies run all the time, but in NM you can start your career and they have a year to send you to the academy. That means you could be off FTO and on your own patrolling before you even step foot in an academy. If you're there for the long run then sign the contract and get that bonus.
    With the holidays approaching, I decided to be in Hobbs the 1st week in January.
    I am guessing I won't make the February 11th academy, however if I read your post correctly, I could be hired and brought onto HPD and be sent to the academy at a later date?
    So I guess I would do non police activities until the academy starts?

Leave a comment:

• GopherFanatic19
    replied
    Originally posted by RBD1 View Post
    I recently applied for Hobbs PD. I am out of state. I am currently searching airfare to come in and take written, physical and oral board.
    Does anyone know how long the process is to get from where I am to the the start of the academy?
    How often do they run an academy?
    If I am hired I plan on staying in Hobbs for the long run. I have no problem with a 5 or 10 year contract.

Im sure if all of that goes well you're only a couple months out from starting. Academies run all the time, but in NM you can start your career and they have a year to send you to the academy. That means you could be off FTO and on your own patrolling before you even step foot in an academy. If you're there for the long run then sign the contract and get that bonus.

Leave a comment:

• astanko16
    replied
    Let me know how the process goes for you. I am interested in Hobbs PD too.

Leave a comment:

• RBD1
    replied
    Any other NM LE Applicants?

I recently applied for Hobbs PD. I am out of state. I am currently searching airfare to come in and take written, physical and oral board.
    Does anyone know how long the process is to get from where I am to the the start of the academy?
    How often do they run an academy?
    If I am hired I plan on staying in Hobbs for the long run. I have no problem with a 5 or 10 year contract.

Last edited by RBD1; 11-29-2015, 07:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• GopherFanatic19
    replied
    Yes, it is accurate. As I mentioned earlier in the thread the city is Hobbs, NM. Don't let the bonus fool you, it is actually more of a housing credit. They will give that to you for you to buy a house and in return you have to sign a contract for it.

Departments are still hiring like crazy, we need guys in NM and we are very busy. We are one of the best paid in the state and only getting more raises. Brand new guy with no experience will start out at 22.05. Plus you get raises every year.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4499 users online. 294 members and 4205 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X