300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBD1 View Post
    With the holidays approaching, I decided to be in Hobbs the 1st week in January.
    I am guessing I won't make the February 11th academy, however if I read your post correctly, I could be hired and brought onto HPD and be sent to the academy at a later date?
    So I guess I would do non police activities until the academy starts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Negative Ghostrider! You would very much start police activities. You would obviously do in house training for how long I don't know cause I don't work for HPD, but you can expect a month or two at the latest. Then you begin FTO and can complete it and be on your own. The state says the dept. Has one year from hire date to send you to the academy. So you could be a full time patrol deputy and on your own for 10 months then the dept says on month 11 you start the academy.

If HPD doesn't work, look at Roswell, Carlsbad, Lea county, Chaves county, Eddy county lots of places hiring with good pay

Comment

Wow, that's fantastic. Out here on the east coast that would never happen.
      Thank you for that information, it's great to be able to speak with someone who knows the procedure. January can't come fast enough.

Have a wonderful Christmas holiday, and stay safe out there.
      Thank you again.

Comment

As a follow up... Testing went very well. Now just waiting on the call to come out and finish part 2 of the process.
        I had a great experience while I was there and had the opportunity to meet some of the officers, who were a great group of people.
        Now the waiting begins. This is the hard part. Hopefully, it won't take too long.

Comment

Any updates on Hobbs PD process? Are they still offering signing bonuses? Curious on how the process went for you.

Comment

I applied for Hobbs PD and took the written test and oral board the same day as a lateral from Texas. I declined any further consideration when they told me that I had to go through their academy again and I was committed to five years, with no bonus money. In addition I got the impression that I wasn't going to fit in there.

Comment

Originally posted by j4jmeans View Post
              I applied for Hobbs PD and took the written test and oral board the same day as a lateral from Texas. I declined any further consideration when they told me that I had to go through their academy again and I was committed to five years, with no bonus money. In addition I got the impression that I wasn't going to fit in there.

PM me when you get a chance. I have a couple questions for you.

Comment

Anyone got any info on APD? I'm from Mass- just applied and most of the info here is a bit old.

Comment

Anyone still active on this and want to share there experiences??

Comment

bumping thread... Any agencies like out-of-staters and do convenient hiring processes?
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

I'd like to get information on the SE area (oil fields) or Mtn areas
                      The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3764 users online. 216 members and 3548 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X