Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just sent in my application to Roswell from the great Minnesota, will see how it goes.

Comment

What part of MN

Comment

Twin Cities Area

Comment

Ok, what city in the twin cities area? I am from MN

Comment

Thats about as specific as I am going to go on an online form . Greetings fellow 'sotan!

Comment

Depends on needs of the Dept. you are applying to and I have no advice to give since I am an officer and not a probation guy. good luck

Comment

As it has been said, NM is booming because of the oilfield. And as an out of state hire like others on the thread, I've found it to be a great experience with exponential room for growth in both a [my] department and experience level. You really do it all and there definitely is job security with the crime rate.
                I work for a city department in SE NM that is currently offering a 25k signing bonus at 5 years of service or a 50k bonus at 10 years of service with a retirement at 20 years. I'm not in recruiting but always willing to pass on some information to others interested in this fantastic line of work.

Comment

you work for Hobbs then with that bonus

Comment

Originally posted by SJSU FLANKER View Post
                    As it has been said, NM is booming because of the oilfield. And as an out of state hire like others on the thread, I've found it to be a great experience with exponential room for growth in both a [my] department and experience level. You really do it all and there definitely is job security with the crime rate.
                    I work for a city department in SE NM that is currently offering a 25k signing bonus at 5 years of service or a 50k bonus at 10 years of service with a retirement at 20 years. I'm not in recruiting but always willing to pass on some information to others interested in this fantastic line of work.

As of July 1, 2013 the Law Enforcement retirement in New Mexico's Public Employees Retirement Association is a minimum of 25 years. If you were in on or before June 30, 2013 you are still on a 20 year retirement, and can top out at 90% of your top 3 earning years with 25 years of service. There are TONS of departments hiring right now in New Mexico. I know Santa Fe PD and Rio Rancho PD are hiring all the time, and Roswell PD and Hobbs PD can't hire enough people. Santa Fe and Rio Rancho both seem like good departments to work for. (Don't know anything about Roswell or Hobbs) Santa Fe PD just increased their take home car radius to 45 miles, if you don't want to live in Santa Fe.

Comment

[QUOTE=SJSU FLANKER;3457191]As it has been said, NM is booming because of the oilfield. And as an out of state hire like others on the thread, I've found it to be a great experience with exponential room for growth in both a [my] department and experience level. You really do it all and there definitely is job security with the crime rate.
                      I work for a city department in SE NM that is currently offering a 25k signing bonus at 5 years of service or a 50k bonus at 10 years of service with a retirement at 20 years. I'm not in recruiting but always willing to pass on some information to others interested in this fanta

Is this possibly accurate? lol. I am a Officer on the TX/NM border (TX side) I have never seen anything like it. Do they pay it out in increments or 1 lump sum? Can you get the 25K at 5 years and get the 50K on top of that at the 10 year mark for a total of 75K in 10 years? What dept is this for?

I see this thread is old. Are depts still hiring like crazy?

Comment

Yes, it is accurate. As I mentioned earlier in the thread the city is Hobbs, NM. Don't let the bonus fool you, it is actually more of a housing credit. They will give that to you for you to buy a house and in return you have to sign a contract for it.

Departments are still hiring like crazy, we need guys in NM and we are very busy. We are one of the best paid in the state and only getting more raises. Brand new guy with no experience will start out at 22.05. Plus you get raises every year.

Comment

Any other NM LE Applicants?

I recently applied for Hobbs PD. I am out of state. I am currently searching airfare to come in and take written, physical and oral board.
                          Does anyone know how long the process is to get from where I am to the the start of the academy?
                          How often do they run an academy?
                          If I am hired I plan on staying in Hobbs for the long run. I have no problem with a 5 or 10 year contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by RBD1; 11-29-2015, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Let me know how the process goes for you. I am interested in Hobbs PD too.

Comment

Originally posted by RBD1 View Post
                              I recently applied for Hobbs PD. I am out of state. I am currently searching airfare to come in and take written, physical and oral board.
                              Does anyone know how long the process is to get from where I am to the the start of the academy?
                              How often do they run an academy?
                              If I am hired I plan on staying in Hobbs for the long run. I have no problem with a 5 or 10 year contract.

Im sure if all of that goes well you're only a couple months out from starting. Academies run all the time, but in NM you can start your career and they have a year to send you to the academy. That means you could be off FTO and on your own patrolling before you even step foot in an academy. If you're there for the long run then sign the contract and get that bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFanatic19 View Post
                                Im sure if all of that goes well you're only a couple months out from starting. Academies run all the time, but in NM you can start your career and they have a year to send you to the academy. That means you could be off FTO and on your own patrolling before you even step foot in an academy. If you're there for the long run then sign the contract and get that bonus.
                                With the holidays approaching, I decided to be in Hobbs the 1st week in January.
                                I am guessing I won't make the February 11th academy, however if I read your post correctly, I could be hired and brought onto HPD and be sent to the academy at a later date?
                                So I guess I would do non police activities until the academy starts?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3870 users online. 280 members and 3590 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X