Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was there lots of people showing up for testing? Can anyone explain why NM has so many openings, yet very few people applying?
    This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

Comment

Benjyy121,

I see your tag says FL. Do you currently live in FL? I have been hired by a Dept. in NM and I completed the Academy in Miami. If you have questions let me know.

I can tell you NM is one state that is the best kept secret in LE. The reason being is that they do not have enough qualified applicants to be hired as LEO. Many people in NM look at law enforcement in NM as the same as a Mcdonalds job, plus many people have drug records, arrest records, etc. Another problem facing them is not a lot of people want to move to NM in the first place. NM is actually a very nice state with a ton of things happening in Law Enforcement to get a lot of experience. Its a border state so you know many towns are very busy.

Comment

I sent you a PM, Gopher.
        This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

Comment

When I tested there were about 30 people testing, about 20 passed the written exam. All 20 passed the physical as well. A recruiting officer told me that they lost about 15 people in the background process. I think the reason is there are not many people qualified that are applying for the job.

Comment

That is definitely the case. New Mexico just does not have a large pool of qualified people wanting to become law enforcement. Many departments in the state have less people apply then they have vacant positions.

Comment

I recently applied for Las Cruces PD and am waiting for my background.. When I took the written test I wanna say there was 200-250 canidates there. Pretty intimidating, but the PT claimed quite a few. Running in 100 degree dry heat isnt for everyone.. fingers crossed and eyes on God I get in.. good luck everyone else!

Comment

Ya im from New Mexico (Carlsbad is my hometown) but decided to apply out of state.

Does Carlsbad have it's own academy or do they send people to Santa Fe?

Comment

Carlsbad has both. You will do in house then get sent to either Hobbs or Santa Fe.

Comment

Are many out-of-state applicants hired? I am interested in NM, but don't know a ton about NM. I was looking at AZ, but since NM is next door, it is another option for me.
                    Currently in Michigan, I will have my bachelors degree in a few months. Been a reserve deputy for half a year with around 200+ hours of time put in so far.

Comment

NM has a lot of out of state applicants that are hired. I can tell you a lot of cities have people from Michigan and Minnesota that are hired here, especially Roswell. Right now NM is booming, there are a ton of jobs, a ton of crime, and it will keep you extremely busy. All you have to do is look around at who is hiring and throw in your application and if your good to go you have a good chance to be hired.

Comment

I'm currently in IL. It's BRUTAL here. I've been following this thread and seems like their are a lot of openings here. I have a degree in Criminal Justice and a clean background.

Comment

Well if you have a clean background and a degree that helps. There are a lot of openings here and you just have to find a department and you think you would like and apply. We need officers here, so if your willing to move start applying.

Comment

I hope this site has more contact in the near future it would be nice to share some information and get some answers.

Comment

What info are you looking for?

Comment

Just to see how other people are doing in the new mexico law enforcement areas..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3714 users online. 274 members and 3440 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X