300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other NM LE Applicants?

Hey since the new mexico thread is generally dead I figured I would check to see if their are any other applicants starting or in the process for agencies in this state? It would be cool to be able to share experiences with other applicants here. I have so far applied with Carlsbad and will soon be applying with Las Cruces, Roswell, and Hobbs. Roswell is my top choice at the moment but the others are close behind. Anyone else out there?

No one?????
    "Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    -George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ArkLawman View Post
      No one?????
      I had a couple PM me, but other than that noone lol. Are you applying down here?

Comment

Just bumping my thread... Anyone from NM out there?

Comment

Im not from NM but i am applying there. Im stationed here in El Paso and ill be taking the test on March 9th. Have you applied or gotten in with the NM PD?

Comment

When Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department reopens more test dates this summer I will be applying. I'm looking were else to apply at here in the great state of New Mexico.
            Thank You & Stay Safe.

Comment

Hey everyone i was finally able to get back on o.com. THere are many departments hiring here. Any specific questions you guys have I can answer. I am also originally from out of state and am currently an LEO here. I work in SE NM (Carlsbad area).

Comment

How long was the hiring process for you with Carlsbad PD? Are they looking to hire more officers in the coming year? How is the cost of living out there? (Houses, fuel, college)? Thanks

Comment

The hiring process for me was a couple months. They are currently hiring still and are testing regularly. Cost of living as far as rent is a little high because the oil fields are booming right now. I have a nice one bedroom apartment and pay around 700 a month. Fuel is about 3.50 a gallon i think or less. Im not sure what you mean by the cost of college. There is a community college in Carlsbad but i'm not too sure how much it is. It is a branch of New Mexico State University (NMSU-Carlsbad).

Comment

I'm looking into Eddy County for Detention Officer position. How are the surrounding cities as far as crime, family life, things to do? (Carlsbad, Roswell, Hobbs, Lovington, Artesia). Thanks

Comment

Currently in the hiring process for Santa Fe PD. Waiting on the background to finish.

Comment

good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherFanatic19 View Post
                          good luck!
                          Thanks!! They should be wrapping it up in the next couple of days!!

Comment

Originally posted by alexac9 View Post
                            Currently in the hiring process for Santa Fe PD. Waiting on the background to finish.
                            How has the process been from start with Santa Fe? Are you already cert in NM?
                            This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.

Comment

Im still not certified and the process has been long really long. I took the physical, written exam and did the oral board interview. It took about 3 months before they told me that I passed the oral board interview and then proceeded to the background stage and I am still waiting.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5375 users online. 313 members and 5062 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X