300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carlsbad PD

I'm testing with Carlsbad later this month. Any CPD officers on here? I'm interested to find out more about the department: morale, equipment, shifts, etc. Also, what's the academy like?

Bump on any insight on the department?

Comment

Originally posted by MacOtac View Post
      Bump on any insight on the department?
      Hey there, I actually will be starting with Carlsbad PD in a week and a half. WHat questions you got? I'll try to answer what I can. Also I noticed you're from CA. You are asking about Carlsbad, New Mexico and not Carlsbad, CA right?

Comment

Originally posted by slsteiner88 View Post
        Hey there, I actually will be starting with Carlsbad PD in a week and a half. WHat questions you got? I'll try to answer what I can. Also I noticed you're from CA. You are asking about Carlsbad, New Mexico and not Carlsbad, CA right?
        My mother lives in Belen New Mexico and she is trying to talk me into moving out there and joining an LEO agency out there. She lives on a 600 acre ranch and said I can build a home the property.

Did you try to apply for another agency or was Carlsbad your first pick? I had lived in Albuquerque when I was in the 9th grade so I don't mind trying something new. I am getting tired of California. I noticed that NM State police is hiring and find the SID interesting but do not know much of that department or other agencies.
        Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post
          My mother lives in Belen New Mexico and she is trying to talk me into moving out there and joining an LEO agency out there. She lives on a 600 acre ranch and said I can build a home the property.

Did you try to apply for another agency or was Carlsbad your first pick? I had lived in Albuquerque when I was in the 9th grade so I don't mind trying something new. I am getting tired of California. I noticed that NM State police is hiring and find the SID interesting but do not know much of that department or other agencies.
          Hey there, I applied to a bunch of agencies, tested with three, and got job offers from two. The hiring climate in New Mexico is worlds away from other states. Most departments have more openings than they have applicants. For instance, my department has 11 openings, and I think four showed up to the last test, and this is one of the highest paid departments in the state. Not sure if you're already an officer, but if you are you will have to attend a equivalency course in Santa Fe that I hear is easy. If not it will be 20 weeks at the academy, also in Santa Fe.

I dont know a whole lot about the state police, but I do know they are hiring. Also their academy is the hardest in the state, and I do not believe they accept laterals. You also have to be willing to accept assignment anywhere in the state, but I think they will work with you.

Any specific questions about departments or areas of the state ask away.

Comment

Originally posted by slsteiner88 View Post
            Hey there, I applied to a bunch of agencies, tested with three, and got job offers from two. The hiring climate in New Mexico is worlds away from other states. Most departments have more openings than they have applicants. For instance, my department has 11 openings, and I think four showed up to the last test, and this is one of the highest paid departments in the state. Not sure if you're already an officer, but if you are you will have to attend a equivalency course in Santa Fe that I hear is easy. If not it will be 20 weeks at the academy, also in Santa Fe.

I dont know a whole lot about the state police, but I do know they are hiring. Also their academy is the hardest in the state, and I do not believe they accept laterals. You also have to be willing to accept assignment anywhere in the state, but I think they will work with you.

Any specific questions about departments or areas of the state ask away.
            Thanks for your response. My mother lives in Lincoln county....any good PD's hiring near there. I have over 10 years experience here in California and I am trying to get back in. Also how long did it take to get hired. I was looking as Las Cruces PD.
            Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

I know Roswell is hiring which is close to there. Also Alamogordo DPS. I think Ruidoso and Ruidoso downs in Lincoln county hire occasionally as well.

Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post
              Thanks for your response. My mother lives in Lincoln county....any good PD's hiring near there. I have over 10 years experience here in California and I am trying to get back in. Also how long did it take to get hired. I was looking as Las Cruces PD.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6350 users online. 380 members and 5970 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X