X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• da_man85
    replied
    Originally posted by zmc View Post
    I just had some questions for you guys. I am from New York so I'm not familiar with the application process. If I submit an interest card today... When do they usually schedule testing dates? How long of a wait is it from the submission of the interest card until you are called for the academy... because NYPD was a 3 year wait.

Thanks!

From what i last heard they have an academy class starting in April...after you fill out the interest card they will reply with a phone call or email usually within a week

Leave a comment:

• zmc
    replied
    I just had some questions for you guys. I am from New York so I'm not familiar with the application process. If I submit an interest card today... When do they usually schedule testing dates? How long of a wait is it from the submission of the interest card until you are called for the academy... because NYPD was a 3 year wait.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• CanIApply?
    replied
    Still nothin'. Wheeee.

Leave a comment:

• CanIApply?
    replied
    Oh, that it does! That must have gone up today. Huh, maybe now they'll push me through on the BI.

Leave a comment:

• chihopefull
    replied
    Says on their website Nov. 29th academy and are trying to push people through.

Leave a comment:

• CanIApply?
    replied
    Hey. I tested in May for the... Sometime...academy. First, I dunno where you heard the november thing, but as of thursday, they don't have a start date set. The weekend testing goes smooth, but I hit a wall after, since they "aren't doing certain background checks until [they] have a date set for academy". I'm guessing that means out of state? Anyway, I had about 35 at the city entrance exam, 70 the next day for the fitness test, and of that 70 maybe 30 were still in for the written psych. The fitness test looks easy but it's pretty hard. At least the running part was, I'm not used to the altitude.

Leave a comment:

• chihopefull
    replied
    Hey all! I seen they are testing for a Nov academy. Looking to apply out of state how is the testing process out there pretty smooth? Also how many they looking to hire and a lot of people usually test?

Leave a comment:

• MacGregor
    replied
    Seems to be alot of that going around. The worst part is that you can't really self sponsor youself through the academy in NM, but at the same time most agencies don't have the expenditures to put anyone through the training either.

Leave a comment:

• CanIApply?
    replied
    They still don't have a date set for academy...Arrrgh

Leave a comment:

• MacGregor
    replied
    Six or seven years ago my mailman was telling me that his wife was in the academy. She rolled out on an injury; he was saying it sucked because they spent $1700 or $1800 on all her gear. It may be cheaper now, but even $1K is still too much for me right now.

Leave a comment:

• CanIApply?
    replied
    Yeah, they told us after the fitness test that we have to pass again on those standards the first day of academy and how it would "really suck to fail, since you just spent about a thousand dollars on gear".

Leave a comment:

• MacGregor
    replied
    Congrats!

Are they still requiring that cadets purchase all their own gear - something like $2K worth? That's the only thing stopping me from pursuing it.

Leave a comment:

• CanIApply?
    replied
    Well, I PASSED! Cut it a little close on the run (they weren't kidding when they say the elevation can add 2 minutes if you aren't used to it), but I made it at least. They told us academy will be in October at the EARLIEST, but it'll be more than 35 people. What they want is to graduate 35, so the academy class should be closer to 50.

Leave a comment:

• CanIApply?
    replied
    Ha, yeah, I'll be there on Sunday. Kind of worried about the 1.5 mile run, actually.

Leave a comment:

• ChiliManiac
    replied
    Originally posted by CanIApply? View Post
    Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I figured it would be better than making a new one. Is anyone else doing the weekend testing in May? From the sound of it they're hiring an academy class. They're at the very least starting the hiring process...
    ....Yes. Supposedly there hiring one, at least that is the recent jist of things, though at current they have 15 cadets seated for it...I think out of 35. So, it'll be very small. I missed my first shot do to missing the 300 meter sprint by 3 seconds so I should see ya in may if its the physical testing your talking about

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2640 users online. 152 members and 2488 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X