Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously the air is a little thinner than what you're used to, so breathing (particularly during the mile and a half run) will be a little more difficult, which means you'll probably run at a slightly slower pace than usual, and you might get winded a little quicker. The 1.5 is probably the only area of the test where that will be noticeable.

It's been sometime since I've researched it, but I believe APD factors in for the altitude in their scoring. For males 20-29 years old, the 1.5 mile time is 12:28, while the male 30-39 year old 1.5 mile time is 12:55. I believe the 1.5 mile time limits include 30 seconds for altitude. If you can run 1.5 miles in less than 12 minutes, and if you can run two or more miles total, then APD's Physical Agility Test shouldn't be a problem for you.

Originally posted by tripletdad View Post
    I would like to test for APD however the elevation of the city is 5,000 feet above sea level and I would like to know what effect that would have on my agility test? I live in the Northeast and know that competing at higher elevations is much harder. Does anyone know how much better my times would need to be at sea level to pass the PAT? Thank you very much.

Comment

I've been in contact with the recruiting division for the past couple of weeks just to make sure on the issue of them not recruiting. They recently told me the other day that testing is going till May. The Academy seems to have been tentatively set for July which makes sense as it wouldn't over lap with the previous academy
      Originally posted by Law100
      I didn't realize you were the chump that reported me. In that case, I hope you die slowly.
      "Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months."
      —Clifford Stoll

Comment

Update for all Ye Hopefull.

Albuquerque Police Department Has canceled there upcoming academy classes until they can fix the budget.
        http://www.koat.com/news/22758712/detail.html
        I didn't realize you were the chump that reported me. In that case, I hope you die slowly.
        "Treat your password like your toothbrush. Don't let anybody else use it, and get a new one every six months."
        —Clifford Stoll

Comment

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I figured it would be better than making a new one. Is anyone else doing the weekend testing in May? From the sound of it they're hiring an academy class. They're at the very least starting the hiring process...

Comment

Originally posted by CanIApply? View Post
            Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I figured it would be better than making a new one. Is anyone else doing the weekend testing in May? From the sound of it they're hiring an academy class. They're at the very least starting the hiring process...
            ....Yes. Supposedly there hiring one, at least that is the recent jist of things, though at current they have 15 cadets seated for it...I think out of 35. So, it'll be very small. I missed my first shot do to missing the 300 meter sprint by 3 seconds so I should see ya in may if its the physical testing your talking about
            —Clifford Stoll

Comment

Ha, yeah, I'll be there on Sunday. Kind of worried about the 1.5 mile run, actually.

Comment

Well, I PASSED! Cut it a little close on the run (they weren't kidding when they say the elevation can add 2 minutes if you aren't used to it), but I made it at least. They told us academy will be in October at the EARLIEST, but it'll be more than 35 people. What they want is to graduate 35, so the academy class should be closer to 50.

Comment

Congrats!

Are they still requiring that cadets purchase all their own gear - something like $2K worth? That's the only thing stopping me from pursuing it.

Comment

Yeah, they told us after the fitness test that we have to pass again on those standards the first day of academy and how it would "really suck to fail, since you just spent about a thousand dollars on gear".

Comment

Six or seven years ago my mailman was telling me that his wife was in the academy. She rolled out on an injury; he was saying it sucked because they spent $1700 or $1800 on all her gear. It may be cheaper now, but even $1K is still too much for me right now.

Comment

They still don't have a date set for academy...Arrrgh

Comment

Seems to be alot of that going around. The worst part is that you can't really self sponsor youself through the academy in NM, but at the same time most agencies don't have the expenditures to put anyone through the training either.

Comment

Hey all! I seen they are testing for a Nov academy. Looking to apply out of state how is the testing process out there pretty smooth? Also how many they looking to hire and a lot of people usually test?

Comment

Hey. I tested in May for the... Sometime...academy. First, I dunno where you heard the november thing, but as of thursday, they don't have a start date set. The weekend testing goes smooth, but I hit a wall after, since they "aren't doing certain background checks until [they] have a date set for academy". I'm guessing that means out of state? Anyway, I had about 35 at the city entrance exam, 70 the next day for the fitness test, and of that 70 maybe 30 were still in for the written psych. The fitness test looks easy but it's pretty hard. At least the running part was, I'm not used to the altitude.

Comment

Says on their website Nov. 29th academy and are trying to push people through.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2812 users online. 165 members and 2647 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X