Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's so bunky I can smell from afar. Trust me it ain't accurate.

Comment

I was injured during the second week of the 103rd. I was told I could come back for the 104th class. Hope to see you there its a tuff selection process. Only 40 out of 1300 people were hired for the 103. There were only 31 people left by the beginning of week 2 due to injuries and change of heart. My only advice is to come into the academy in the absolute best shape of your life. Don't rely on them to whip you into shape cause you will likely get hurt or injured like myself. Hope to see you all for the 104th.
      Academy Start Date: 04/27/2009 - Injured 05/04/2009
      New Academy Start Date: 10/12/2009
      I wont give up till I go 10-7.

Comment

I've already been through a tough academy and so has my wife. We were in the same class. We know what to expect. I'm currently training for the DEA PT test so yeah, I'm not slackin and have kept in pretty decent shape the last 5 years. Mindset is 80% of passing an academy from what I've experienced. How were you injured?
        Last edited by BPD_126; 05-17-2009, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Anybody testing for the next APD class for 2010?

Comment

I'm planning on flying down to test for APD.

Comment

I am as well, I think the testing is November 13,14,15. It looks like the standards are pretty high for physical fitness. Tpress do you know very much about the department or how many people they are trying to hire? I have a long flight in front of me too, I'm coming all the way from Michigan.

Comment

Last I heard they are down quite a few officers. They just had the 104th class start this week and I believe it was full. Are those they only test dates? I know that they usually have multiple test dates for an upcoming academy class.

Comment

Nope there is one this weekend as well. As far as I know those are the only two testing dates.

Comment

I have a friend from Colorado that was trying to convince me to apply to APD from out of state...Any idea on APD's current work schedule? Reputation among local agencies and/or community? Equipment? Training program/Academy...etc?
                    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
                    Ronald Reagan

Comment

Albuquerque PD

I too have a test date for Nov. 13, 14 15, but I am going to reschedule for the Dec. test date. Their Website looks really good and it appears that they pay you for darn near everything. I am flying there from TN. Los Alimos is also hiring, they stated that I maybe able to take their test on the same weekend so I don't have to travel back and forth. Sounds like New Mexico law enforcement is looking for some help and is willing to go out on a limb to get good officers. Besides it will be a nice change of pace.

Comment

Hey, do you guys know how its looking as far as recruitment these days for the APD. Are the still hiring? How many are they looking for and how competitive is the process currently?

Thanks

Comment

Folks, be very clear about things with your recruiter, my understanding is that there are no classes scheduled for 2010.

Comment

So recruitment is done here fir the next year??

Comment

What I'm hearing is that there will NOT be any classes in 2010. Also, this was on today's broadcast:

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/politic...curb-shortfall

Just be sure to check with your recruiter and confirm whether or not there will be a class. I'd love to see more/new folks here but you all need to think of yourselves first before you start investing $$$ coming out here.....

Comment

APD Physical Agility Test

I would like to test for APD however the elevation of the city is 5,000 feet above sea level and I would like to know what effect that would have on my agility test? I live in the Northeast and know that competing at higher elevations is much harder. Does anyone know how much better my times would need to be at sea level to pass the PAT? Thank you very much.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2816 users online. 165 members and 2651 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X