300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey State Police hiring

THE NEW JERSEY STATE POLICE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS ON 03/28/2021 STARTING AT 9:00 A.M. EST UNTIL 04/23/2021 ENDING AT 11:59 P.M. EST

Wow, the academy looks very intense.

Comment

Best agency in the country bar none

Comment

I signed up for the virtual event tomorrow, it says be in business attire????? Also if we're a cop in NY, does our time transfer over? Do we go to an abbreviated academy ?

Comment

Originally posted by columbia09 View Post
          I signed up for the virtual event tomorrow, it says be in business attire????? Also if we're a cop in NY, does our time transfer over? Do we go to an abbreviated academy ?
          If it says business attire, best to be so from at least the waist up if it's something which is done via live feed. To be safe, just wear the whole business attire get up.

If you have New York time you can attempt to buy that time back into the SPRS system but I'm not sure if it's something you can do. I spent 2.5 years in NYC before coming to NJ and I don't have credit for that time. I'm in the PFRS system however. See this link: https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pen...s/sprsbook.pdf

For the NJSP you WILL be going to a full academy. There is NO abbreviated academy for previous in state or out of state experience.
          "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

Originally posted by Copkid228 View Post
            Best agency in the country bar none
            LOL based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerBarbrady View Post

LOL based on what?
              Lets hear it guy.... Name a better department ??
              Last edited by Copkid228; 04-14-2021, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Lets here it guy.... Name a better department ??
                It's all a matter of opinion. It's hard to say that one agency is objectively "better" than another; better pay, more opportunities, tougher training, yes but overall better, that's a tough one. For example some people would love the opportunity to work anywhere in the state, others hate it and want to stay close to home. Some people love the formal, paramilitary structure others can't stand it, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vc859 View Post

It's all a matter of opinion. It's hard to say that one agency is objectively "better" than another; better pay, more opportunities, tougher training, yes but overall better, that's a tough one. For example some people would love the opportunity to work anywhere in the state, others hate it and want to stay close to home. Some people love the formal, paramilitary structure others can't stand it, etc.
                  I'll buy that for a dollar.

Comment

Well that’s really not how this works. You made the claim, and offered no evidence in support of it. List some of the reasons you think NJSP is the best and then I will let you know which departments I think are better because of the reasons you listed.

Comment

For one thing, your spelling and grammar shows that the NJSP don’t have high standards... So ANY agency would be better for a start if you want professionalism.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

For one thing, your spelling and grammar shows that the NJSP don’t have high standards... So ANY agency would be better for a start if you want professionalism.
                        Meh, I’ve never been on board with the the whole “discount the whole argument due to poor grammar” thing. Just seems to distract from the point. I’m honestly interested to hear what his argument is as to why NJSP is the best.

Comment

Meh, agreed. Trying to give yourself a golden buzzer over a typo. Kick rocks troll.

Anyway, I generally hold state agencies over local. Ability to move around and not be stuck riding the same roads in a town for the rest of your career. Goes down to preference.... 120+ avenues to explore with NJSP is a huge reason.

Comment

Meh, agreed. Trying to give yourself a golden buzzer over a typo. Kick rocks troll.

Anyway, I generally hold state agencies over local. Ability to move around and not be stuck riding the same roads in a town for the rest of your career. Goes down to preference.... 120+ avenues to explore with NJSP is a huge reason.
                            I take it you’re more of a road dog who wants to hunt all day. In my experience, guys who prefer state over local are road for life kind of guys. Hunting is great. But not all radio calls are BS domestics. I feel like one will see a hell of a lot more answering calls and hunting occasionally. Sounds like you’re a city cop or once were one. A city cop or former city cop can always sense another one LOL. I agree that riding around in the same district day after day gets old fast, but a lot of these large suburban departments have huge areas to cover too: Lower Merion, Abington, Bensalem, Haverford, Cherry Hill, etc. Those same departments also have lots of special units that even newer guys have a good shot at getting into. Obviously there’s always a certain degree of nepotism at any department, but nothing can be done about that. Not to mention, those departments pay a hell of a lot better than state, including NJSP. I know NJSP has a high salary, but the cost of living in NJ is astronomical, especially property taxes.

Comment

Road warrior indeed lol. I'd lose my damn mind in a suburban dept. Those places are going to be lost once weed in legal lol. Yes they have "special units", but all are patrol based...Soooo in a nut shell.... you are patrol with a few more batman tools that quite frankly should already be in every patrol vehicle. Cherry Hill has bookoo $, onduty dedicated workout time and of course all have radar accessible. I have a paid off house in NJ so I'm set. Taxes are insane for the most part, but I lucked out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4258 users online. 225 members and 4033 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X