300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey State Police hiring

THE NEW JERSEY STATE POLICE WILL BE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS ON 03/28/2021 STARTING AT 9:00 A.M. EST UNTIL 04/23/2021 ENDING AT 11:59 P.M. EST

https://www.njsp.org/recruiting/index.shtml

Wow, the academy looks very intense.

Comment

Best agency in the country bar none

Comment

I signed up for the virtual event tomorrow, it says be in business attire????? Also if we're a cop in NY, does our time transfer over? Do we go to an abbreviated academy ?

Comment

Originally posted by columbia09 View Post
          I signed up for the virtual event tomorrow, it says be in business attire????? Also if we're a cop in NY, does our time transfer over? Do we go to an abbreviated academy ?
          If it says business attire, best to be so from at least the waist up if it's something which is done via live feed. To be safe, just wear the whole business attire get up.

If you have New York time you can attempt to buy that time back into the SPRS system but I'm not sure if it's something you can do. I spent 2.5 years in NYC before coming to NJ and I don't have credit for that time. I'm in the PFRS system however. See this link: https://www.state.nj.us/treasury/pen...s/sprsbook.pdf

For the NJSP you WILL be going to a full academy. There is NO abbreviated academy for previous in state or out of state experience.
          "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

Originally posted by Copkid228 View Post
            Best agency in the country bar none
            LOL based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by OfficerBarbrady View Post

LOL based on what?
              Lets here it guy.... Name a better department ??

Comment

Originally posted by Copkid228 View Post

Lets here it guy.... Name a better department ??
                It's all a matter of opinion. It's hard to say that one agency is objectively "better" than another; better pay, more opportunities, tougher training, yes but overall better, that's a tough one. For example some people would love the opportunity to work anywhere in the state, others hate it and want to stay close to home. Some people love the formal, paramilitary structure others can't stand it, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by vc859 View Post

It's all a matter of opinion. It's hard to say that one agency is objectively "better" than another; better pay, more opportunities, tougher training, yes but overall better, that's a tough one. For example some people would love the opportunity to work anywhere in the state, others hate it and want to stay close to home. Some people love the formal, paramilitary structure others can't stand it, etc.
                  I'll buy that for a dollar.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5885 users online. 341 members and 5544 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X