300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Insurance in NJ

Anyone have any ideas on what is the most reasonable car insurance company in NJ? I'm just curious.

I've had the same company for years - i've just been too lazy to look into any others. And for a while, many of the big companies that advertised heavily, didnt write policies in NJ.

Just looking for some opinions or experiences. Thanks.

I switched to Geico in late 2004 when I purchased a new car. Four days later somebody hit me while I waited for a red light.

The claim was almost $19,000. Two months later, my car got hit while parked at work. That claim was over $5,000.

Other than the fact they fixed a four day old car (worth about $22,000) to the tune of $19,000...they have always done right by me.

I expected them not to renew my policy considering what I had cost them in the first two months but they didn't give me any trouble. My payment only went up about $6/month.

Comment

Thanks for the info. They are on my short list to check out

Comment

Check out Mercury and Geico. That's about as low as you're going to get in this crazy state. I'm a Geico user myself and I'm very happy with them.
        Last edited by TheFlash37; 04-23-2007, 09:24 AM.

Comment

There is also a company called NJ Manufacturer's Insurance. They deal exclusively with those who work in LE, fire, and EMS so that may be something worth looking into if you are eligible.

I hear they have very good rates but will only insure people over 25 (so I'm told) and I switched to Geico when I was 23 so I've never looked into them.

Comment

Thanks.

Two votes for Geico.

No, i'm not LE/EMS. I am in a Union though (and way over 25 ). I should see if they offer anything. The last time i checked, NJ was not included in the list of states

Comment

Originally posted by RM2441
              There is also a company called NJ Manufacturer's Insurance. They deal exclusively with those who work in LE, fire, and EMS so that may be something worth looking into if you are eligible.

I hear they have very good rates but will only insure people over 25 (so I'm told) and I switched to Geico when I was 23 so I've never looked into them.

Actually NJ manufactures deals with a ton of different occupations. My father worked at AT&T and they offered NJMF to employees, when I turned 18 I started my own policy with them because he was a member. My wife who is a teacher also had a policy with them before we met.

There rates are very good, 3 accidents between the family and they never raised rates. Also I had 8 points at one time when I started driving and they never raised them for that either.
              Last edited by lionheart45; 04-24-2007, 01:17 PM.

Comment

It does cover alot of businesses, but it looks like the postal service isnt one of them. I am going to check the Geico and Mercury rates.

Comment

Originally posted by lionheart45
                  Actually NJ manufactures deals with a ton of different occupations. My father worked at AT&T and they offered NJMF to employees, when I turned 18 I started my own policy with them because he was a member. My wife who is a teacher also had a policy with them before we met.

There rates are very good, 3 accidents between the family and they never raised rates. Also I had 8 points at one time when I started driving and they never raised them for that either.

I stand corrected. I was under the impression they only dealt with public safety but that is all I've done since I turned 18 so it must just be a coincidence that ever job I've had offered NJMF coverage.

Comment

try...

GMAC insurance. http://www.gmacinsurance.com/

my union offers this insurance to carriers.....I've had them since the
                    early days when you and I worked in the same building since what...
                    94-95? lol Anyway...you might want to check them out. their rate may
                    be good even though you aren't in the carriers union. I pay 1800 a year for full coverage on 2 brand new vehicles.

disregard that I guess....I just typed in to see where an agent was in the area
                    and it says they do not underwrite policies in NJ. guess it's "one" perk I get with my
                    union...sorry jelly.
                    Last edited by gpd810mertie; 04-25-2007, 09:21 AM. Reason: added to post

Comment

OH man!! thanks anyway (((hugs)))

I will check with my Union too...they must offer something lol...

Comment

I had Geico and switched to essurance and saved a substantial amount of money.....it's actually got a pretty good website.

Comment

Originally posted by jerseyshorecop View Post
                          I had Geico and switched to essurance and saved a substantial amount of money.....it's actually got a pretty good website.

I really hate those commercials!

Comment

NJ Insurance

NJ Manufacturers is great and the rates are probably the lowest in the state. However, one accident and you are placed into their other group with much higher rates.
                            Richard Scalzo, Capt. - Retired
                            Secaucus Police Department
                            Secaucus, NJ

Comment

I have Progressive and have been very happy, but we recently became eligible for NJ Manufacturers so I may be switching soon.
                              All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4540 users online. 302 members and 4238 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X