Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• enviroguy
    replied
    If this ticket was at St. Francis Hospital down in Trenton, my guess would be that someone was picking up a cheesecake from that Michelle Lorie shop up the street.

When you get that urge for one of those creamy delights any judge in Trenton would be understanding and dismiss the ticket.

Leave a comment:

• lionheart45
    replied
    Like others here I also think coming on here bitching about a parking ticket is pretty low, especially from a cop.

Knocking another dept? even lower.

If it was an emergency and you parked there I don't think they would go through with the ticket anyway. So basically you parked there for convenience?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Tell me about it. It's like people going on plate wire bitching about how other people drive. When ever people bitch to me how I drive. I simply look them in the eye and tell to them grow up and shut up. When i get a ticket, I tell the LEO thank you because it taught me a lesson not to do it again.

P.S. you'll be surprised about plate wire http://www.platewire.com/

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by MrClark1983
    Woopdy freakin duo. You’re crying over a freakin parking ticket? Give me a break. DEAL with it. I’ve gotten tickets and moved on. Did I cry about it? No. Did I come online each time to b*tch about a ticket? No. Jesus Christ. All what people do is whine and cry about everything little thing that happens in there lives. Big deal nobody cares. So suck it up and man up.
    I get freaking parking tickets as well. Some in my GOV.....

I pay them if I have to.....if I can get out of them I try (by being able to shwo them I was on official business) and drive on.

It simply amazes me that a grown man claming to be a LEO would come onto a pro-LEO website and bitch about getting a freaking parking ticket.......and not think he was going to get some grief......

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Woopdy freakin duo. You’re crying over a freakin parking ticket? Give me a break. DEAL with it. I’ve gotten tickets and moved on. Did I cry about it? No. Did I come online each time to b*tch about a ticket? No. Jesus Christ. All what people do is whine and cry about everything little thing that happens in there lives. Big deal nobody cares. So suck it up and man up.

Leave a comment:

• Luko
    replied
    decided not to comment any further
    Last edited by Luko; 04-10-2007, 11:55 PM. Reason: edited

Leave a comment:

• HardBall
    replied
    Sir-
    The ticket is paid. Obviously I'm guilty. I live in the most congested part of the most congested state in the country. Parking tickets are a way of life- no big thing.

But the bigger picture is the lack of discretion to issue a ticket in front of a hospital.

We can all imagine what a person is going through who is going into a hospital. To come out to a ticky-tack parking ticket just angers people. Then cops wonder why the public has a negative view of them. There are certain times when a professional law enforcer should be able to imagine, without being told, why a ticket may not be the best enforcement action.

Moms dropping their kids off or picking their kids up in school zones,
    areas around funeral homes,
    areas around hospitals,
    nuns dropping off food in front of the homeless shelter...
    Just a few examples of a time when something else may be going on and the parking violation can be overlooked...

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    [QUOTE=HardBall]Not for getting a ticket...
    Or for getting a ticket for parking in front of a bus stop...
    But for getting a ticket for parking in front of a hospital.
    QUOTE]

Hmmmm....maybe this is just me. If you were having an emergency why didn't you park in the ER drop-off area then move your vehicle after you got your family member inside....?

You chose to instead park in front of a bus stop and blocked access to the stop.

As stated, you do that down here in DC, and Metro Transit will tow you.....

You have no one to blame but yourself....man-up and pay the ticket.....

Leave a comment:

• Luko
    replied
    If its an emergency wouldn't you go to the emergency room entrance? If it was the emergency room entrance then perhaps you received a ticket because you were blocking the area where an emergency vehicle would stop. But I think the bigger thought would be its a parking ticket. No points, no insurance hikes so what's the big deal? I'm assuming that you go whoever you needed to get there in the building so I'd be more thankful that they were safe then complaining on a public forum about the fact that you were given a ticket. Person does their job and you are here ripping them for it. The Sgt doesn't know you situation nor would I assume that he is going to just take your word for it. There are tons of people who park in areas where they aren't suppose to for no reason. Friend of mine was written a $50 dollar ticket for parking in a fire lane in front of a movie theater where he was dropping off ten 50lbs bags of popcorn seed. Fire Marshal showed up and wrote the ticket. Did my friend complain? Nope, he was ****ed, but he knew he wasn't suppose to park there. Do I fault the Fire Marshal for writing the ticket? Nope he was doing his job, public safety. Someone should close this thread.

Leave a comment:

• HardBall
    replied
    Not for getting a ticket...
    Or for getting a ticket for parking in front of a bus stop...
    But for getting a ticket for parking in front of a hospital.

I know you are young and I know you are a civilian but you must have some concept as to why someone may be in a rush to get into a hospital...

Apply your vast 20+ years of life experience and answer the question- Could something have been going on in that person's life to cause them to park in front of a hospital?

Leave a comment:

• Cranks
    replied
    You're actually complaining about getting a ticket for parking in front of a bus stop. You really don't have any idea how much of an imbecile this makes you sound like? The fact that you parked there speaks volumes of the chance of arguing with you will have on your view of the situation.

Leave a comment:

• HardBall
    replied
    Just on the off chance that someone is going to the hospital for something other than the warm Jell-o,
    I would cut my hand off first before I wrote a parking ticket in front of a hospital.

Leave a comment:

• Luko
    replied
    I know they are barely a police department, but a Sgt. writing parking tickets?

Wow man that is pretty harsh. I mean they have state wide police powers and it is their job to protect Transit property. What if you parked there and a bus didn't see you car there? Now you have a huge accident and people hurt. Also, NJ Transits job is to enforce laws. Law says not to park there, then don't park there. If it was an emergency then you go to the emergency area get your party in and move your vehicle. My local hospital has a spot to drive up, get your party in (once they're in there it's going to be sometime before they give you info) so you park your vehicle and start filling out that paperwork. But I won't fault you for being ****ed off. I've gotten a couple bs parking tickets when walking to my car and the meter just saying I was out of time. I paid it and moved on.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by HardBall
    Discretion advice from a VA cop..Hahaha..keep rolling your eyes, buddy- just like every other cop in the country does towards VA cops
    VA Cop...? Not even close....though, from your apparent attitude, that would be a step-up from you.......a big step up...

Funny how you come on here and post that you did something against the law and when someone calls you out on it....you try to insult them and call them out based on what you think they do for a living......

I bet you're a hoot to work with.....
    Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-04-2007, 09:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HardBall
    replied
    Discretion advice from a VA cop..Hahaha..keep rolling your eyes, buddy- just like every other cop in the country does towards VA cops

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5424 users online. 351 members and 5073 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X