300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir-
    The ticket is paid. Obviously I'm guilty. I live in the most congested part of the most congested state in the country. Parking tickets are a way of life- no big thing.

But the bigger picture is the lack of discretion to issue a ticket in front of a hospital.

We can all imagine what a person is going through who is going into a hospital. To come out to a ticky-tack parking ticket just angers people. Then cops wonder why the public has a negative view of them. There are certain times when a professional law enforcer should be able to imagine, without being told, why a ticket may not be the best enforcement action.

Moms dropping their kids off or picking their kids up in school zones,
    areas around funeral homes,
    areas around hospitals,
    nuns dropping off food in front of the homeless shelter...
    Just a few examples of a time when something else may be going on and the parking violation can be overlooked...
    10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Comment

decided not to comment any further
      Last edited by Luko; 04-10-2007, 11:55 PM. Reason: edited

Comment

Woopdy freakin duo. You’re crying over a freakin parking ticket? Give me a break. DEAL with it. I’ve gotten tickets and moved on. Did I cry about it? No. Did I come online each time to b*tch about a ticket? No. Jesus Christ. All what people do is whine and cry about everything little thing that happens in there lives. Big deal nobody cares. So suck it up and man up.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClark1983
          Woopdy freakin duo. You’re crying over a freakin parking ticket? Give me a break. DEAL with it. I’ve gotten tickets and moved on. Did I cry about it? No. Did I come online each time to b*tch about a ticket? No. Jesus Christ. All what people do is whine and cry about everything little thing that happens in there lives. Big deal nobody cares. So suck it up and man up.
          I get freaking parking tickets as well. Some in my GOV.....

I pay them if I have to.....if I can get out of them I try (by being able to shwo them I was on official business) and drive on.

It simply amazes me that a grown man claming to be a LEO would come onto a pro-LEO website and bitch about getting a freaking parking ticket.......and not think he was going to get some grief......

Comment

Tell me about it. It's like people going on plate wire bitching about how other people drive. When ever people bitch to me how I drive. I simply look them in the eye and tell to them grow up and shut up. When i get a ticket, I tell the LEO thank you because it taught me a lesson not to do it again.

P.S. you'll be surprised about plate wire http://www.platewire.com/

Comment

Like others here I also think coming on here bitching about a parking ticket is pretty low, especially from a cop.

Knocking another dept? even lower.

If it was an emergency and you parked there I don't think they would go through with the ticket anyway. So basically you parked there for convenience?

Comment

If this ticket was at St. Francis Hospital down in Trenton, my guess would be that someone was picking up a cheesecake from that Michelle Lorie shop up the street.

When you get that urge for one of those creamy delights any judge in Trenton would be understanding and dismiss the ticket.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5464 users online. 362 members and 5102 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X