300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ Transit Police

I know they are barely a police department, but a Sgt. writing parking tickets?
    for parking in a bus stop?
    at 7PM?
    IN FRONT OF A HOSPTIAL?
    10% of the cops do 90% of the work

Originally posted by HardBall
    for parking in a bus stop?
    at 7PM?
    IN FRONT OF A HOSPTIAL?
    Let me guess.....you (or a family member) pulled up in front of a hospital, illegally parked at a bus stop because you apparently thought that you (or they) were above obey signs or common sense, and are bitter because you got cited.....and now are bitching about it and trying to bad mouth the agency and one of it's supervisors.....?

You had done that done here in DC, Metro Transit Police would have towed you.....

Comment

Exactly correct guess...

Guess writing parking tickets is a "BIG" thing to some departments...

Do you write parking tickets in front of funeral homes?
      churches?

Keep hanging that paper...and roll your eyes all you want...Still doesn't make you a cop.

ps- how does that Meter Maid hat fit you?

Comment

Exactly correct guess...

Guess writing parking tickets is a "BIG" thing to some departments...

Do you write parking tickets in front of funeral homes?
        churches?

Keep hanging that paper...and roll your eyes all you want...Still doesn't make you a cop.

ps- how does that Meter Maid hat fit you?
        So.....you blatantly disobeyed the law by parking at a bus stop.....knowing full good and well that it's against the law to do so....and come on here to bitch about it...? Grow up.....

I work for the Feds and haven't wrote a parking ticket in years. But when I was in uniform, I would write them if dispatched to them on a complaint....or if I observed some idiot parking illegally in different areas of town....yeah....I would scratch one out.....

You doing illegal things and thinking you are above the law doesn't make you a good cop either.....so grow up and quit you crying....

Comment

]Keep hanging that paper...and roll your eyes all you want...Still doesn't make you a cop.
          Nice attitude.....

I take it you have in your mind what a real cop is supposed to be....and anyone that works a niche agency or something that isn't as big as your agency isn't a real cop.....?

I (and I am suspecting a lot of LEOs on here) would beg to differ with you.....

Comment

1st of all
            I was wrong to throw the whole Dept under the bus. They're actually a good dept and have alot of good guys...

I guess I'm just a blantantly disobeyer...There was no other reason for me to be going to a hospital at 7PM...It could have been...

You know what, I really don't have the time or the interest to explain discretion to you...

parking tickets in front of hospitals, that's A-OK with me...

Now let me get back to work and getting those speeding emergency room doctors and ER nurses

Comment

1st of all
              I was wrong to throw the whole Dept under the bus. They're actually a good dept and have alot of good guys...

I guess I'm just a blantantly disobeyer...There was no other reason for me to be going to a hospital at 7PM...It could have been...

You know what, I really don't have the time or the interest to explain discretion to you...

parking tickets in front of hospitals, that's A-OK with me...

Now let me get back to work and getting those speeding emergency room doctors and ER nurses

Whatever.....

Comment

Discretion advice from a VA cop..Hahaha..keep rolling your eyes, buddy- just like every other cop in the country does towards VA cops

Comment

Discretion advice from a VA cop..Hahaha..keep rolling your eyes, buddy- just like every other cop in the country does towards VA cops
                  VA Cop...? Not even close....though, from your apparent attitude, that would be a step-up from you.......a big step up...

Funny how you come on here and post that you did something against the law and when someone calls you out on it....you try to insult them and call them out based on what you think they do for a living......

I bet you're a hoot to work with.....
                  Last edited by Bearcat357; 04-04-2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Wow man that is pretty harsh. I mean they have state wide police powers and it is their job to protect Transit property. What if you parked there and a bus didn't see you car there? Now you have a huge accident and people hurt. Also, NJ Transits job is to enforce laws. Law says not to park there, then don't park there. If it was an emergency then you go to the emergency area get your party in and move your vehicle. My local hospital has a spot to drive up, get your party in (once they're in there it's going to be sometime before they give you info) so you park your vehicle and start filling out that paperwork. But I won't fault you for being ****ed off. I've gotten a couple bs parking tickets when walking to my car and the meter just saying I was out of time. I paid it and moved on.

Comment

Just on the off chance that someone is going to the hospital for something other than the warm Jell-o,
                      I would cut my hand off first before I wrote a parking ticket in front of a hospital.

Comment

You're actually complaining about getting a ticket for parking in front of a bus stop. You really don't have any idea how much of an imbecile this makes you sound like? The fact that you parked there speaks volumes of the chance of arguing with you will have on your view of the situation.

Comment

Not for getting a ticket...
                          Or for getting a ticket for parking in front of a bus stop...
                          But for getting a ticket for parking in front of a hospital.

I know you are young and I know you are a civilian but you must have some concept as to why someone may be in a rush to get into a hospital...

Apply your vast 20+ years of life experience and answer the question- Could something have been going on in that person's life to cause them to park in front of a hospital?

Comment

If its an emergency wouldn't you go to the emergency room entrance? If it was the emergency room entrance then perhaps you received a ticket because you were blocking the area where an emergency vehicle would stop. But I think the bigger thought would be its a parking ticket. No points, no insurance hikes so what's the big deal? I'm assuming that you go whoever you needed to get there in the building so I'd be more thankful that they were safe then complaining on a public forum about the fact that you were given a ticket. Person does their job and you are here ripping them for it. The Sgt doesn't know you situation nor would I assume that he is going to just take your word for it. There are tons of people who park in areas where they aren't suppose to for no reason. Friend of mine was written a $50 dollar ticket for parking in a fire lane in front of a movie theater where he was dropping off ten 50lbs bags of popcorn seed. Fire Marshal showed up and wrote the ticket. Did my friend complain? Nope, he was ****ed, but he knew he wasn't suppose to park there. Do I fault the Fire Marshal for writing the ticket? Nope he was doing his job, public safety. Someone should close this thread.

Comment

[QUOTE=HardBall]Not for getting a ticket...
                              Or for getting a ticket for parking in front of a bus stop...
                              But for getting a ticket for parking in front of a hospital.
                              QUOTE]

Hmmmm....maybe this is just me. If you were having an emergency why didn't you park in the ER drop-off area then move your vehicle after you got your family member inside....?

You chose to instead park in front of a bus stop and blocked access to the stop.

As stated, you do that down here in DC, and Metro Transit will tow you.....

You have no one to blame but yourself....man-up and pay the ticket.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3171 users online. 154 members and 3017 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X