300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rwmusmc View Post
    Hey everybody, took my pqt on Saturday. Passed and received an email a few hours later for written. Can anyone explain how this process works? I'm from Long Island and never took a Jersey Pd test
    http://www.njsp.org/recruiting/selection-process.shtml

Comment

Originally posted by Rwmusmc View Post
      Hey everybody, took my pqt on Saturday. Passed and received an email a few hours later for written. Can anyone explain how this process works? I'm from Long Island and never took a Jersey Pd test
      Never took a NJ test, but most processes are similar. Only difference with NJSP is, if u pass the written, ur thrown into a lottery draw to be selected to move on to the background phase. I'm a PA guy in this process as well. Good luck to all!

Comment

Is the lottery they draw from totally random or are we categorized by overall scores (pqt plus written) and then thrown into a lottery. Curious. I can't imagine why they have a point system for pqt if it's just pass fail. If you scored say 15 out of 21 points and get an 88 on the written your chances of a background investigation are the same as someone who scores 20/21 and say a 96?

Comment

Originally posted by Dcl87 View Post
          Is the lottery they draw from totally random or are we categorized by overall scores (pqt plus written) and then thrown into a lottery. Curious. I can't imagine why they have a point system for pqt if it's just pass fail. If you scored say 15 out of 21 points and get an 88 on the written your chances of a background investigation are the same as someone who scores 20/21 and say a 96?
          PQT is pass fail. The real fitness battery is at the girt. The minimum passing score for the written has just as good a chance of getting in as a perfect passing score from what I understand. So again, pqt does not average in.

Comment

Just wondering then for vets preferences. If we get thrown in the same lottery

Comment

Thank you copkid228. I'll be registering for my written exam this monday. Hopefully Im one of the lucky ones selected. Any idea if they are pulling for 2 classes out of this pool of candidates?

Comment

Hey all. First post ever here. Weird question but would one be disqualified at the PT test if they had long hair and a beard? Asking for a friend. Thanks

Comment

Negative. He was probably chewed out for it, but not disqualified. Failure to reach at least 15 points or a 0 on any of the timed tests = disqualification. There were a few people who failed the pqt during my test session, but it seemed like most passed.

Comment

Was looking through njlawman forums. Seems like this process may run atleast 2 years. That a fair statement?

Comment

I guess we will find out.

Comment

Yea i previously passed written and physical but was not selected for 157..ps you sill receive a few emails after the written for the next several months letting you know where you stand or asking for things (essay short form application i thibk a survey) Hopefully i am this time

Comment

It took about 8 mos from when i took written until i found out i was not moving forward they put in a class while i waited to find out what was up. i believe your still eligible until a new teat comes out however long that is or if they tell you your out b4 a new test is out like what happened to me

Comment

Were they strict when counting push ups and sit-ups? I know in certain academy's they knit pick hardcore as to not count certain reps. For instance, did the push-up portion consist of another candidate's closed fist being under your chest? You have to make sure your chest touches it each time and that your arms are straight as an arrow while aligned with the rest of your body to be counted..or?

Comment

No fist. They were def picky. I did 61 and they only counted 53. If your arms don't lock it doesn't count. If your feet wander close together they don't count. And some times they just dont count haha. Considering its pass fail and not a point system, if you can't do the minimum to pass you prob shouldn't be there. Still can't believe a high score gets you just as far as the minimum. Finding out its a random selection was disappointing because it's all luck of the draw and has nothing to do with who is putting in more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Dcl87 View Post
                                Thank you copkid228. I'll be registering for my written exam this monday. Hopefully Im one of the lucky ones selected. Any idea if they are pulling for 2 classes out of this pool of candidates?
                                From what I hear, this testing cycle is for classes 158 and 159. Not sure if they'll get 3 classes out of this. Maybe.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7007 users online. 291 members and 6716 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X