300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best NJ PD

Looking to become a police officer in Jersey after I finish college and wonder what are some better NJ PDs to work for.

I guessing Newark and Camden are pretty bad.

I know Elizabeth PD is one of the highest paying PDs in Jersey around $50k but don't know how good the Department is and how good the area is.

50k is definately not the highest paid dept.
    Are you looking for departments now?

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed
      Looking to become a police officer in Jersey after I finish college and wonder what are some better NJ PDs to work for.

I guessing Newark and Camden are pretty bad.

I know Elizabeth PD is one of the highest paying PDs in Jersey around $50k but don't know how good the Department is and how good the area is.
      What do you mean by better departments? Do you want to go somewhere with a lower or higher call volume, bigger or smaller dept., money range, ...throw some of your ideas out there and I will let ya know

Comment

Well right now I am stuck in Iraq. Once I get back home I plan to go to school for about 4 years maybe try and get my Master's since the army is paying for it.

I read on here all the benifits of being in a larger department and would like to work for NYPD but don't want to live in NY and starting salary isn't looking to good.

Seeing that I am a veteran now and get preference in NJ it might be better to stay here.

So basically I am looking for a decent sized department, in a decent neighborhood, that pays well with good benifits, and good coworkers. (haha everyones dream job)

I've tried looking at all the departments over the net but they are very vague when it comes to how the area is, the pay, and if it is a good department to work for.

I know state troopers start around $50,000. According to policepay.net Elizabeth was the highest paying department, but they might just have listed the bigger departments that they have info on.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed
          Well right now I am stuck in Iraq. Once I get back home I plan to go to school for about 4 years maybe try and get my Master's since the army is paying for it.

I read on here all the benifits of being in a larger department and would like to work for NYPD but don't want to live in NY and starting salary isn't looking to good.

Seeing that I am a veteran now and get preference in NJ it might be better to stay here.

So basically I am looking for a decent sized department, in a decent neighborhood, that pays well with good benifits, and good coworkers. (haha everyones dream job)

I've tried looking at all the departments over the net but they are very vague when it comes to how the area is, the pay, and if it is a good department to work for.

I know state troopers start around $50,000. According to policepay.net Elizabeth was the highest paying department, but they might just have listed the bigger departments that they have info on.
          Well, first of all thank you for your service over there. My brother just got home finally.
          You are on the right track with wanting to go to school. It will be sooo much harder if you try and do it later. Take that free college opportunity and run with it!
          Is there one specific area in NJ youd rather be?

Comment

Elizabeth is very busy and not a city you would want to live in if you had the choice.
            Try not to look at the starting salaries...its what you top out at and everything else that really matters.

Comment

Bergen County Departments make the highest in NJ
              FDNY Robert Curatolo, Ladder 16
              FDNY Louis Arena, Ladder 5

You will never be forgotten

New Jersey Narcotics Enforcement Officers Association

Comment

Does NJ accept out-of-state LEO's, or does everyone have to attend a NJ academy? If they do accept.. Who or what agency needs to be contacted??

Thanks!!

BE SAFE
                The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Originally posted by dannmann1050
                  Does NJ accept out-of-state LEO's, or does everyone have to attend a NJ academy? If they do accept.. Who or what agency needs to be contacted??

Thanks!!

BE SAFE
                  Every NJ police officer must be certified by the Police Training Commission (PTC) and go through a NJ academy. NJ State Troopers must go through the State Police Academy which is longer and harder than the standard academy.

Comment

Thanks for the info.. I apprecaite it..
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

Bergen County definatly looks like a good area and their department has a few different Divisions and Services like SWAT.

I was looking through their website and it seems that the officer traning is around $3000.

Is that unsual to pay for the training?

How does the process work?

I know I take the civil service test that they give every other year. Since I am a veteran I will be moved towards the top of the list... but then what?

Do departments contact me if they need someone or do I need to apply for each department I am interseted in?

Then if I am hired I go to the Academy?

Thanks for all the help so far

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13069 users online. 493 members and 12576 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X