300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negotiating health benefits.

We are currently negotiating our expired contact and are looking to see if anyone has been successful in lowering their contribution and if so, by how much. We started at the beginning and have since topped out at step 4. Any help would be appreciated.
    Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

What are you willing to give up? Due to Obama care my employer's health insurance burden went up almost 1 million dollars. One thing my employer has done is contract with a medical service that provides an annual health screening. You fill out a comprehensive health questionnaire, get your vitals taken, and several vials of blood are drawn and sent off to a lab, where they measure all kinds of **** in your blood looking for health risks/abnormalities. In exchange, we get a $240 a year reduction in our health care premium. The medical screening is voluntary.

Comment

Originally posted by just joe View Post
      What are you willing to give up? Due to Obama care my employer's health insurance burden went up almost 1 million dollars. One thing my employer has done is contract with a medical service that provides an annual health screening. You fill out a comprehensive health questionnaire, get your vitals taken, and several vials of blood are drawn and sent off to a lab, where they measure all kinds of **** in your blood looking for health risks/abnormalities. In exchange, we get a $240 a year reduction in our health care premium. The medical screening is voluntary.
      This is a NJ specific question, as we were forced to pay for health benefits as a part of legislation instituted by the Governor. It started off low, then steadily increased over 4 years based on your salary and the cost of the plan. I'm currently at 32% percent of the total cost of the plan. The law will be "sunset" in June of 2015 and technically we'd be able to negotiate the contribution rate back down. Currently I pay roughly $800 a month for a family plan. I'd like to get some of that money back. We've been frozen for a couple years and with the increased healthcare and an additional 1.5% in pension contribution, I've taken a $12,000 pay cut.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
        This is a NJ specific question, as we were forced to pay for health benefits as a part of legislation instituted by the Governor. It started off low, then steadily increased over 4 years based on your salary and the cost of the plan. I'm currently at 32% percent of the total cost of the plan. The law will be "sunset" in June of 2015 and technically we'd be able to negotiate the contribution rate back down. Currently I pay roughly $800 a month for a family plan. I'd like to get some of that money back. We've been frozen for a couple years and with the increased healthcare and an additional 1.5% in pension contribution, I've taken a $12,000 pay cut.
        We were able to negotiate it down to 15% starting 1-2016
        We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

We proposed step 2 + 2%. We'll see.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3631 users online. 139 members and 3492 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X