300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nj residents taking the nypd test

I was wondering how can nj residents be able to take the nypd entry exam without meeting the nypd residency requirement. I live in nj and seen some friends who also live in nj get accepted to the nypd. Is it even possible? Thanks.

Yes, it is possible. I did it, and it's really not that difficult or complicated. You can go through the whole process without living in NY but you have 30 days from swearing in to get residency in the five boroughs, on Long Island, or in Rockland, Orange, Putnam or West Chester counties. A lot of departments across the country don't have residency requirements until time of hire.

This is a question better suited for the NY forum, or he NYPD's recruitment page as the same answers can be found there.
    Last edited by Next3Exits; 01-17-2015, 04:42 AM. Reason: Addition
    "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

Saw *** I hate seeing "seen" on reports

Comment

Originally posted by mikef2009 View Post
        saw *** i hate seeing "seen" on reports
        lol

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF2009 View Post
          Saw *** I hate seeing "seen" on reports
          The modern education system at work!
          "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

“Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.” -Steven King

Comment

Nothing about the NYPD or NYC intrigues me well enough to move out there and be OTJ with them. That being said, even if I grew out of that "funk", it's insane how long the wait is now if you test today. My relatives that were hired about 10 years ago took anywhere from 6 months to year; now you're lucky to get in at 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by ddoming7992 View Post
              now you're lucky to get in at 2 years
              Back in 2011 when I started the academy I'd been waiting 3.5 years. My exam was almost expired when I got the call.

Comment

Originally posted by ddoming7992 View Post
                Nothing about the NYPD or NYC intrigues me well enough to move out there and be OTJ with them. That being said, even if I grew out of that "funk", it's insane how long the wait is now if you test today. My relatives that were hired about 10 years ago took anywhere from 6 months to year; now you're lucky to get in at 2 years
                2 years, it takes 2 years just for the process to officially begin. Then you have close to a year until your actually called.
                OTJ

**** is real in the field..! Don't talk about it..!

Comment

Originally posted by itr971 View Post
                  I was wondering how can nj residents be able to take the nypd entry exam without meeting the nypd residency requirement. I live in nj and seen some friends who also live in nj get accepted to the nypd. Is it even possible? Thanks.
                  From the recruitment website.

On date of hire, candidates must reside within the five (5) boroughs of New York City and the surrounding counties.

I'll add the surrounding counties are all in NYS. Westchester, Orange, Rockland, Putnam, Nassau, Suffolk.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6028 users online. 362 members and 5666 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X