300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in Titles

Hi guys, been a while since I posted but can anyone tell me the difference/responsibilities of an Auxiliary Police Officer vs. a Special Class I/II police officer? Does the Spec. Ofcr have the same rights as a fully sworn LEO? It was something that I was wondering about earlier.

Class I has limited police authority (its further complicated as you can be a Class Ia or ClassIb) and is generally used for disorderly persons offenses, parking enforcement and traffic enforcement. Class II has the same authority as a full time officer while on duty only. Auxillary police are under the office of emergency management and do not get any PTC training.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      Class I has limited police authority (its further complicated as you can be a Class Ia or ClassIb) and is generally used for disorderly persons offenses, parking enforcement and traffic enforcement. Class II has the same authority as a full time officer while on duty only. Auxillary police are under the office of emergency management and do not get any PTC training.
      Aux are non existent. There is no A and B designation. Class 1 is unarmed and basically just writes tickets. They can take reports and make non indictable arrests (DP-PDP.) Class 2 is basically the same as a full time officer, but they aren't supposed to leave their jurisdiction, can't take their firearm home and have zero powers off duty.
      Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Thank you very much guys! I have a follow up question if you don't mind answering it, how does an Auxiliary or Special PO become a fully sworn Officer? Is there a short cut, do they have to follow the same regulations as a recruit/rookie officer?

Comment

Originally posted by gcruz1854 View Post
          Thank you very much guys! I have a follow up question if you don't mind answering it, how does an Auxiliary or Special PO become a fully sworn Officer? Is there a short cut, do they have to follow the same regulations as a recruit/rookie officer?
          I think I saw you posting questions on NJLawman.com. Go back there and search the Special Officer's Corner forum. There is a ton of info on the subject and how to become a Class 1 or 2 and go full time. The short answer is Class two's can be waived to full time with some additional training.
          Last edited by FedIG; 07-23-2014, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FedIG View Post
            I think I saw you posting questions on NJLawman.com. Go back there and search the Special Officer's Corner forum. There is a ton of info on the subject and how to become a Class 1 or 2 and go full time. The short answer is Class two's can be waived to full time with some additional training.
            I actually don't have a forum account with NJLawman, but I believe I've seen the person you're thinking about, I'll check that forum out though, thanks for the help & short answer!

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
              Aux are non existent. There is no A and B designation. Class 1 is unarmed and basically just writes tickets. They can take reports and make non indictable arrests (DP-PDP.) Class 2 is basically the same as a full time officer, but they aren't supposed to leave their jurisdiction, can't take their firearm home and have zero powers off duty.
              When did the Class Ia. and Class 1b. titles get removed. I know someone who was a Class Ib. but had the authority to conduct traffic enforcement. Worked for Cape May City and did a 3 week academy in Ocean City. I know a few Middlesex towns who have Aux, but they're not under the PD, OEM.

Comment

Not since at least 1998 when I got into the game.
                Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Originally posted by stormz5192 View Post
                  Not since at least 1998 when I got into the game.
                  This was 98......

Comment

http://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/njptc/pdf/ptc3_nona.pdf

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2684 users online. 149 members and 2535 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X