300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Municipalities

I was wondering if there are any local agencies throughout NJ that give their own exam, rather than drawing from the LEE exam every couple of years?

If so, is there a listing of these agencies? I am trying to apply to as many agencies as possible right now.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by HPHopeful87; 11-01-2011, 10:28 AM. Reason: Grammatical Error
    NYPD
    Exam: 2311 List 6XX
    Medical: February 2014 Complete
    Written Psych: February 2014 Complete
    Oral Psych: February 2014 Complete
    BI Meeting: March 2014 Complete
    JST: March 2014 Complete
    Mini-Medical: May 2014 Complete
    Resident Check: June 2014 Complete

July 2014 Class. Got the Call 7/6/14

Some non-Civil Service towns offer what is called the "Chief's Test." It is administered by the NJ Association of Chiefs of Police and many towns use it to help them hire new officers although it is expensive ($100). You can check which towns are offering it by periodically going to this link:
    http://www.njsacop.org/content.asp?pl=17&contentid=42
    New Jersey is one of the most competitive states in the country for LE jobs so if you are really interested in becoming a police officer soon your best bet is to look out of state (Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, North Carolina, etc.)
    Otherwise, I recommend the New Jersey Lawman forum where there is a discussion board for LE jobs in NJ:
    http://uslawman.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=4499

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
      Some non-Civil Service towns offer what is called the "Chief's Test." It is administered by the NJ Association of Chiefs of Police and many towns use it to help them hire new officers although it is expensive ($100). You can check which towns are offering it by periodically going to this link:
      http://www.njsacop.org/content.asp?pl=17&contentid=42
      New Jersey is one of the most competitive states in the country for LE jobs so if you are really interested in becoming a police officer soon your best bet is to look out of state (Arizona, New Mexico, Florida, North Carolina, etc.)
      Otherwise, I recommend the New Jersey Lawman forum where there is a discussion board for LE jobs in NJ:
      http://uslawman.websitetoolbox.com/?forum=4499
      Competitive or rigged? Years ago I had taken the test for Montclair and aced the written, physical and oral interview. They were hiring ten officers and had three lists: In city, in county and out of county. They were able to fill the positions with the first two lists, eliminating the need to even look out of county.

One of the reasons I said **** it and went to law school.

"Jerry, just remember, it’s not a lie if you believe it". George Constanza.

Comment

The hiring process is not necessarily rigged in all places but extremely competitive and DEPLORABLE at this time all over the state. With all of the layoffs and attrition thru retirements, hiring here has come to a screeching halt or trickle in most places. My PD is down 6 officers for example and will hire only as officers retire. We effectively lost 6 positions out of 70 until further notice.
        " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

The "Chiefs test" in NJ are 100% rigged!

At least with the state civil service test.....you get a score and are referred and hired off such in order.

With the Chiefs Tests, they do not have to follow any order!!! They can hire the chiefs neighbors kid with the score of 70 over the Veteran who scored 95. many towns have had tests, charging $100+, with several hundred kids showing up thinking they have a chance, when the person they plan to hire has been slected and they are just hoping he/she passes the test. Easy way for towns to make money..... Do some towns ttreat it competitively? Yes but they are few.

Don't waste a penny on one!

Comment

Originally posted by Cinder1220 View Post
            The "Chiefs test" in NJ are 100% rigged!

At least with the state civil service test.....you get a score and are referred and hired off such in order.

With the Chiefs Tests, they do not have to follow any order!!! They can hire the chiefs neighbors kid with the score of 70 over the Veteran who scored 95. many towns have had tests, charging $100+, with several hundred kids showing up thinking they have a chance, when the person they plan to hire has been slected and they are just hoping he/she passes the test. Easy way for towns to make money..... Do some towns ttreat it competitively? Yes but they are few.

Don't waste a penny on one!
            +1000

Its sad but true, most good applicants will never be hired.

Comment

Do you live in Jersey? A bunch of PD's around me were just hiring off their own tests. They are out there. I don't have a list however.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8074 users online. 322 members and 7752 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X