300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotional Exam Info Requested

Hello, brothers and sisters. I work in a suburban northern NJ NON-CIVIL SERVICE town. We are overdue for a promotional exam, and are trying to look at as many options as we can to have a truly fair and impartial test. I was hoping that any of you who have gone through, are going through, or have knowledge about your department's testing procedures can help me out. I would like to know:

1. Who issues your test? (What company compiles and administers said test)
    2. What type of test? (Standard, "In Basket," etc.)
    3. How much does it cost your department (You know the administration is going to consider THAT above all else...) to run the test?
    4. Aside from the written exam, how many oral boards do you have to face and do you find it to be practical to your chosen job description?
    5. Is the test somewhat study group neutral?
    6. Can you review the test after it has been taken?
    7. Can you challenge test questions?
    8. Have you found that one testing company is better than another?

Any and all help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to come up with something that is fair and practical. I'd particularly love to hear from administrators on this topic.

Thank you all very much in advance!

Be safe!
    -Chris

You should post up your question at this site, it'll be better answered there and I'm sure you'll find plenty of NJ LEOs that could help you out.
    uslawman.websitetoolbox.com

Comment

I thought that all police departments in New Jersey have to use the NJ Civil Service Sgt's exam for promotional purposes.
      " The Beatings will continue until Morale Improves "

Comment

Thanks, PoliceProspect. I'm pending approval on that forum now.

NJLAWMAN214, that's not the case. Only civil service towns HAVE to use civil service tests. Departments like mine, that run a "chief's test," also choose what promotional exams they run.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6323 users online. 361 members and 5962 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X