300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandbagging

I'm kind of sick of the guys that have about 3 days on the job and specialize at sandbagging soccer moms in their minivans and crossovers for 5 or 6 over the limit. Come on, please get real. Maybe grabbing a few of the local heroin addicts might be a better way to earn your pay and allow yourself to look in the mirror at the end of the day, but lay off the MILFS (or I should say MYLTF in this case) please. Half the time it's a cops wife anyway.

Sounds like Mrs. Coach1299 got stopped...?
    "The wicked flee when no man pursueth
    but the righteous are bold as a lion"

Proverbs 28:1, inscription beneath NLEOM lion.sigpic

Comment

I've seen it, too. Got the 80 year old lady stopped whose tag expired yesterday, while the 3 thugs blasting "F the Police" at 120 db, no front plate, while BS'ing on their cell phone, cruises by.. Although "attitude" is everything on a stop..

Comment

Twice in the last 22 years. The first was back in the 80's, and I don't remember much about it except that it was very minor and she was given a friendly warning which I appreciated, and the other was recently for talking on the cell and also resulted in a warning. I would of been fine with the summons because she deserved it and we know that they constantly do cell phone enforcement. My griping has nothing to do with her getting stopped but rather about what has happened to friends, and acquaintances over the last 10 years, combined with my own observations as a retired guy that's around town a lot and see what they're doing. I personally didn't look at anyone unless they were at least 20 over the limit, but a lot of summons in town have been issued for 5 to 10 over, often to local moms that wouldn't hurt a fly. I'm sorry but that's a joke. The quality of this (or lack of it I should say) speaks for itself. I always been pro cop, and thought that the police brotherhood was a great thing, but too many of these young guys have their priorities screwed up. There are drug issues, constant thefts from MV's (GPS and all of that stuff), and plenty of home burglaries. They don't catch too many people for that but rather insinuate how stupid the residents are for not locking up, and they might be right about that to a point, but they're also not doing squat about it because they're too busy sandbagging. I had no problem with quality summons, but this stuff really is hogwash. If you're going to be cop please be real rather than a wussie, that's all I ask.

Comment

You must live in the TWP that I work in. There are a few that do nothing but stop soccer moms and write tix. Couldn't conduct an investigation on a MV stop if the driver was holding a gun to the passengers head while smokin a bong. Just want that cheap tix.
          Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

who would write or even stop a car for 5 or 6 over the limit? i love writing tickets but i usually give people at least a 10 mph cushion for speeding. some people become cops for the power trip i guess.
            Ivan, did you see the sun rise this morningsigpic?

Comment

Originally posted by jgorto View Post
              who would write or even stop a car for 5 or 6 over the limit? i love writing tickets but i usually give people at least a 10 mph cushion for speeding. some people become cops for the power trip i guess.
              Or they have absolutely no idea how to do the job and have no intentions on learning it. Easy tickets keep the admin away and the officer tied up so they can't do real police work.
              Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Or they are stopping for 10-20 mph over and doing a road side break and writing 5-10 over. I don't practice nor do I recommend it, but it is done quite a bit.

Nevertheless, if you or your wife don't have problems maybe your friends are exagerating when they say they were ONLY doing such and such.

Comment

Originally posted by mallninja View Post
                  Or they are stopping for 10-20 mph over and doing a road side break and writing 5-10 over. I don't practice nor do I recommend it, but it is done quite a bit.

Nevertheless, if you or your wife don't have problems maybe your friends are exagerating when they say they were ONLY doing such and such.
                  I don't doubt what you say for a second because I've seen plenty of cases where I know there was another side to the story, but in this town I see it with my own eyes. I've written plenty of good radar tickets and I'm very good with viual speed estimates as required with radar, and I often see these guys (mostly new on the force) doing stops on the local moms when they were no way more than 7 over. I always keep my wifes car 100% legit on equipment, registration, and inspection stickers, because I know guys who look to stop ladies. An ex girl friend of mine (not my wife) did not have a front license plate required by our state MV statutes, and I told her that she would be stopped very soon. Sure enough she was stopped by a young officer who just happened to notice that her front plate was missing. He didn't write her, but was rather all freindly and smiley. I'm sure the fact that she was a pretty blond was more the reason than the missing plate. My wife is med proffessional and cops are always hitting on her, but at least they back off when she tells them that she's married to a cop. I take it as a compliment but I know for a fact that there are a lot of prowler cops out there. I just don't like when cops use MV violations as a tool to get a date.

Comment

Originally posted by coach1299 View Post
                    I just don't like when cops use MV violations as a tool to get a date.
                    I can't agree with you more on the above statement. It is very unprofessional and anyone on the squad should approach the officer and address the issue.

Comment

some cops are just unprofessional, just like in every profession you will always get a few that want the job for the WRONG reasons.

Comment

A fellow I know used to write 500 - 700 movers a month (of course he was on the Turnpike), just brutal, especially truckers. He was loved by the bosses.
                        He wound up in State prison for theft after being promoted to his requested "job".

The same boss 'consoled' me for performance, with the line that mv accidents with injury were up in our section of the Pike and everyone was writing more to get the accidents down. I answered that if summones were up along with accidents, so maybe all the stops were causing mv accidents and we should reduce writing to reduce accidents. 'You're hopeless, get back on the road." At the time I had more DWI arrests than anyone on the Pike.

Write what is actually hazardous to the public and the operator of the mv stopped. Be a mirror of how you are treated on the stop, if they are nice and respectful than a warning is a good tool, if they are tools to you then the roadside mv inspection for lights/horn/signals/tires/windshields/ etc is fair game.

Bye the way, I know 3 guys that married women from either aids for gas/tires or mv stops.
                        Last edited by BigWill2876; 11-19-2009, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I agree if someone has a good attitude no need to hammer them w/ tickets. I think people learn the same lesson if you write them a non moving to give them a break and they have a better view of us in the end. Its always easier to be nice.

Comment

Cant stand guys who write Chicken***T tickets either. I'm all for M.V. enforcement and know the direct correlation to MV. Crashes but these guys are wimps and sissies and pull over soccer moms in mini vans while the felons, guns and narcotics drive by and laugh. The department I left was full of gutless guys like that. They'd never make it up against a real bad guy.
                            Conduct every traffic stop extending the olive branch of peace; while having a tactical plan to kill everyone inside the vehicle

Comment

Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                              A fellow I know used to write 500 - 700 movers a month (of course he was on the Turnpike), just brutal, especially truckers. He was loved by the bosses.
                              He wound up in State prison for theft after being promoted to his requested "job".

The same boss 'consoled' me for performance, with the line that mv accidents with injury were up in our section of the Pike and everyone was writing more to get the accidents down. I answered that if summones were up along with accidents, so maybe all the stops were causing mv accidents and we should reduce writing to reduce accidents. 'You're hopeless, get back on the road." At the time I had more DWI arrests than anyone on the Pike.

Write what is actually hazardous to the public and the operator of the mv stopped. Be a mirror of how you are treated on the stop, if they are nice and respectful than a warning is a good tool, if they are tools to you then the roadside mv inspection for lights/horn/signals/tires/windshields/ etc is fair game.

Bye the way, I know 3 guys that married women from either aids for gas/tires or mv stops.
                              That's a lot of summons and probably the heaviest hitter I ever heard of. Sounds like another guy who's downfall was the TP. He was trooper of the year, and almost went to jail. He beat the conviction but still lost his job. At least he wasn't a wussy. He was out doing the job, maybe a little over board but he was getting the drug runners on the pike. I'm not on your job although I have a lot of close ties to it with family and friends. Better watch out that they don't transfer you up near High Point to patrol rural townships without PD's, and have you responding to domestics and bar fights without a back up for 30 miles. I understand that they punish those that they don't like by looking at the map and then transferring someone to a station furthest from their home. Your must have some heartless POS boss's on that job to do that to someone. We had a good union that would protect us from those kind of POS boss's which we had plenty of. I met wife while on the job but it wasn't through MV enforcement (or sandbagging). Foot posts weren't all that bad after all, besides any cop assigned to a foot post that knew anything really never stood or walked anywhere if they didn't want to. Most of us learned the game after a while. I always got a kick out of the rookies who didn't want to take a suburban or SUV on the midnights because it wasn't as cool or as fast as the cars. The senior guys fought over the SUV's on the midnights because they knew the deal. As far as your job, it sounds like it's getting more cut throat all the time, and that's a shame because that was a really good job as far as I'm concerned. Just yes them to death and give them a few summons once in a while to keep them happy. It's funny because my job didn't want us writing tickets, and took care of the guys who did the least, but that's primarily because my agency didn't get any of the revenue from tickets but rather cost them $$ to send us to court. It's all about the $$$$!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4286 users online. 262 members and 4024 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X