300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nj state police

anyone know whats going on with the nj state police on when they are accepting applications

No, nothing as of yet. The last test for the NJSP was in 2007, so im pretty sure that if they do have the money they will be testing again in 2010. Just keep your fingers crossed.
    "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
    Moliere

Comment

11/09 is when the online applications will be out.
      We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

11/09? interesting, your certain about this. May have to throw my hat in this one....

Comment

So November? I'll see if i can confirm that or not. My uncle retired as a LT with the NJSP so i'll be trying this time around also
          "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
          Moliere

Comment

Originally posted by Long Time View Post
            11/09? interesting, your certain about this. May have to throw my hat in this one....
            Nothing in NJ is certain my friend...just passing along what I heard.
            We ride for those who died!

RIP SgtCHP!

Comment

Appreciate it....anybody take a look at the PT? You better be serious to pass this one

Comment

Apps

A good idea is to go the the NJSP site, look for the recruiter that recurits for you area and email him/her about your interest. They do get back to you and ask that you be notified when apps are opened again.

Meanwhile get in shape...half the battle is being in shape BEFORE you report.

Story; While in the early weeks of the Academy in Sea Girt the class would jog for an half hour or so. You could drop behind the main group, running as as platoons, but you couldn't stop jogging !
                Stop to walk and you were gone !

The requirement to graduate; paratrooper trot in platoon formation, 5 miles in 35 minutes.

Many physical requirements have been "amended" to allow females to compete the program. Not complaining just the way "it" is.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                  A good idea is to go the the NJSP site, look for the recruiter that recurits for you area and email him/her about your interest. They do get back to you and ask that you be notified when apps are opened again.

Meanwhile get in shape...half the battle is being in shape BEFORE you report.

Story; While in the early weeks of the Academy in Sea Girt the class would jog for an half hour or so. You could drop behind the main group, running as as platoons, but you couldn't stop jogging !
                  Stop to walk and you were gone !

The requirement to graduate; paratrooper trot in platoon formation, 5 miles in 35 minutes.

Many physical requirements have been "amended" to allow females to compete the program. Not complaining just the way "it" is.
                  The paratrooper trot, is that one of their tests? Meaning by the end you would have to be able to run 5 miles at a 7min/mile pace?

Comment

Originally posted by WannaBeTacMedic View Post
                    The paratrooper trot, is that one of their tests? Meaning by the end you would have to be able to run 5 miles at a 7min/mile pace?
                    That's "Ridiculous".
                    Last edited by EricDel; 11-06-2009, 01:02 PM.

Comment

trot

Those were the requirements and they were strickly enforced.

Just like the boxing program, back up don't defend yourself, don't be aggressive against a bigger opponent and you were gone.

To make a derogatory comment it would be more effective if you spelled the work correctly....

Comment

Deleted Post
                        Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWill2876 View Post
                          Those were the requirements and they were strickly enforced.

Just like the boxing program, back up don't defend yourself, don't be aggressive against a bigger opponent and you were gone.

To make a derogatory comment it would be more effective if you spelled the work correctly....
                          Sorry I don't visit the NJ forum since no one post in here often. "Ridiculous"

I hardly see the point of having to run 5 miles at a 7min pace. Not bashing NJ State Police at all, I know they are a fine department in the country. But I also know many other fine departments in the country LAPD, NYPD, LVMPD, that don't have such crazy requirements. I didn't know the NJ State Police needed to keep up with Seal Training

Anyways, good luck to all in the process. I actually have a couple friends on with them. Take care.
                          Last edited by EricDel; 11-06-2009, 01:09 PM.

Comment

The current starting salary for a trooper is $58,748.29 (including uniform allowance). The second-year total compensation jumps to $65,662.39. Top pay for a Trooper I is $97,188.48. Troopers receive yearly increments. All recruits receive $777.78 every two weeks, plus overtime pay. Room and board are also provided while training
                            Being a good street cop is like coming to work in a wet suit and peeing in your pants. It's a nice warm feeling, but you're the only one who knows anything has happened.

Comment

Deleted Post
                              Last edited by napman20; 05-25-2015, 08:15 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3041 users online. 178 members and 2863 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X