No announcement yet.

New Jersey Transit/Metro North ?? Visiting in the Fall

300x250 Mobile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey Transit/Metro North ?? Visiting in the Fall

I'm headed back east for a wedding in September up by Suffern/Spring Valley. I want to take the family into NYC to do the tourist thing a few times, but I saw the fare for a train from Suffern was going to cost me $57 round trip for the family. I thought it would be better to train in rather than drive, but maybe not. Leaving from Spring Valley wasn't much better, $42 round trip for the family. Any thoughts on getting into NYC cheaper, I may be doing 2-3 day trips down there.

"We're not in this business for the money. We're not in it for the excitement, and moments like this. Duty, honor, country, service, truth, and justice are good. But you can do that from behind a desk. In the end, you carry a gun and shield out into the field for the sole purpose of confronting the bad guys. The enemy. There is no other reason to be on the front lines." ~Nelson Demille

If your story involves Peanut Butter and an animal - give up now!

If you have access to a vehicle I would suggest drive down route 17 to garden State Plaza Mall park in the area behind the bus stops inside the mall lot and jump on one of the small mini buses will cost you 3 dollars per head to take you to the George Washington bridge bus station in NYC from there walk downstairs to the "A" train. it will take you 20 minutes to get to the mall and about another 20 min- 1 hour to get to NYC depending on the time of day and traffic, i do it every day from Sloatsburg.

What's Going On

There are currently 7883 users online. 353 members and 7530 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad