X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hgunner
    replied
    Sheriffs

Different sheriffs depts serve different roles in the counties in NH- most all sheriff dpts have a civil branch(serve papers and do evictions and other court orders)all have transport branch(deliver prisoners to and from courts and jails)some have patrol branches-some have fugitive squads(hillsborough)
    some do handle county jails(grafton) rockingham handles airport security at manchester international(fastest growing aiport in the east)some depts have major case squads so you can see sheriffs depts here have varied duties and do an excellent job

As NH's only licensed BAIL ENFORCEMENT AGENTS my team deals with most of them and finds them very proffessional and motivated law enforcement officers--i have arrested and brought back skips from canada to mexico and most places in between and have always received all the help i needed from the depts

Leave a comment:

• 94cvlx
    replied
    The Sheriffs have nothing to do with the Jails in NH. Dept of Corrections are their own seperate entity in NH.

Leave a comment:

• usafcop64528
    replied
    In my old town in Sullivan County, there is no local pd. The sherriff's have an agreement to step up the deputies patrols of that town. Other then that, there is the State Police, but the nearest barracks is in Cheshire County

Leave a comment:

• Evtech
    replied
    Thanks for the info! One of my friends is a chief in Swanzey.

Leave a comment:

• Lambor66
    replied
    Yes they do that to. Some Counties perform other duties. Patrol roads, traffic enforcement and take calls in small towns that only have part time coverage. The Deputy

Leave a comment:

• Evtech
    started a topic Sheriffs

Sheriffs

Okay, I love NH. I am just back from North Conway. Did some hiking, ate a lot, shopped a lot.

I was wondering what the duties of a sheriff are there? Do they serve papers and take care of the jails?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3774 users online. 169 members and 3605 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X