Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vision standards for the State Police?

I heard that if your eyes are worse then 20/40 you cant be a trooper. Is this true? Is LASIK acceptable? My eyes aren't too good, but they're corrected to 20/20

It says 20/40 un corrected, meaning lenses that you can forget to put on/in.
    I am 90% sure that LASIK does not fall into that. You can't forget to wear your LASIK corrected eyes to work.

But to be sure call or email the Recruitment and Training Unit at (603) 223-3866 or [email protected].
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

I spoke to them this morning. Here is the deal.
      They want uncorrected vision so that you cannot, forget go wear or have knocked off during a fight anything that helps you see.

So if you have LASIK and your vision is 20/40 or better you will be fine
      The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

I was looking to apply for the December test. My vision is correctable to 20/20 with contacts. I know for Vermont’s vision requirement that is acceptable. Will be disappointed cannot apply to New Hampshire. I will have to look into it as the deadline approaches. However, if my vision uncorrected is worse that 20/40 I cannot apply, correct?

Comment

You can apply but they will urn you away during the process. Again the idea is that there is nothing to forget to wear or to have knocked off during a fight.
          No excuse for the defense to bring your eyesiht into question...
          "So Officer DWL1987 your medical record shows you dont have great eye sight, are you sure it was my client who you saw..."

Comment

That arguement is flawed. In that case then every officer/deputy that wears glasses wouldnt be able to testify or defend themselves on the street. They must be the last SP agency in NE to require no glasses. I know MSP/RISP dont have such a requirement. Both SP agencies are located in more densely populated states as well. So the officer safety arguement, is flawed as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2970 users online. 173 members and 2797 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X