300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHSP Going to Dodge Chargers?

I am very interested in joining the NHSP, currently I am a student for criminal justice here in NJ. I understand that many state police agencies are slowly switching to dodge chargers are their patrol cars. Is New Hampshire also in this process?

Yup they have begun the process. They look great and mean...

http://www.nhtroopers.org/images/lopro%20charger.jpg

or google for "NH state police charger"
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

Man those do look slick and mean. I should begin the process into the NHSP by July 2011 so hopefully by then every trooper will be representing these.

Comment

about 60% have chargers now - we have stopped ordering crown vics two years ago
        "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
        "Treat everyone like a million bucks..But always have a plan to kill them"

Comment

why the switch?

Comment

the chargers are faster and reportedly get 2mpg better mileage (approx)

Also, ford stopped making crown vics in 2009 I think.
            "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."

Comment

Did a ride along in one. If your over 6ft they can be a little uncomfortable.
              They got rid of the coffee cups holder (no room) lol

The officer I rode with misses the Crown Vic. But I have to agree the Charger is SWEET looking!
              MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

The crown vic is slated to be axed in 2011. I have seen plenty of consoles installed with cub holders in chargers. That would **** me off to no end as I am a coffee freak.

I was always astounded by the lack of emergency lighting that NHSP uses. Other then a LED light bar, they arent very visible. MSP cars have deck lights, LED bar, hide aways and wigwags all going on the hw. Very visible during a MVS. I would be concerned about getting hit if I was NHSP in a green car on a rural roadway with minimal emergency lighting not very safe.

Comment

Originally posted by campuscop2000 View Post
                  I would be concerned about getting hit if I was NHSP in a green car on a rural roadway with minimal emergency lighting not very safe.
                  Story of my life brother... I wish we had some more lights for sure. They do the job, but there is something about those Mass State Police cars that are essentially rolling christmas trees that REALLY get your attention.

Im tempted to throw on some LED's of my own.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6272 users online. 322 members and 5950 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X