300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• state police test

What is the NH state police written test like? On the website it says 100 multiple choice questions. Does it have personality questions such as, Do you get nervous around friends you have not seen for several years. Strongly agree, agree, unsure, disagree, strongly disagree.

Also, is there any good reviews or practice tests? Can someone tell me what the max pay is and how long it takes to reach? For example, the polide department I am on the list for here starts at 35K than hits 103K after five years with retirement at 25 years at 65% of your last year base salary. We contribute 8.5% into the pension system, what is the contribution in NH?

I am from NJ and a corrections officer here, I am looking to make the move upon employment.

“Gee”, I don’t know if this is the time to make any employment moves. I read that NH is laying off.

Comment

Yea the troopers union has rejected their contract.
      when you say
      I am from NJ and a corrections officer here, I am looking to make the move upon employment.
      are you looking to be a trooper or a corrections officer?

I DONT recommend anything with corrections. This year they have closed an entire facility in Laconia and relocated all staff to Concord or Berlin NH
      Not to mention the 7.5% reduction in pay they are going to suffer if their contact passes...
      The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

I want to be a trooper, i am miserable in corrections here, NJ keeps screwing us in pay also. I love New Hampshire. I really just want to get out on the road.

Comment

I know that they have another PAT test coming up December 5, 2009
          You need to have your app in by Nov 15th...
          The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

Upcoming Test Dates

December 5, 2009
            Deadline: November 13, 2009

February 6, 2010
            Deadline: January 15, 2010

April 3, 2010
            Deadline: March 12, 2010

June 5, 2010
            Deadline: May 14, 2010

Doesn't mean they are hiring, I heard they haven't had a probationary trooper in the academy in a long time due to the old merger, but they continued to test regardless.

I do believe New Hampshire Hospital is hiring for security, they fall under the Division of State Police. NHSP Admin can correct me if I am wrong. Last I checked they would also send you to the Full-Time Academy. http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/nhsp/index.html somewhere on that web site. Happy hunting and good luck on your future endeavors

Comment

Last time they had probationary troopers in academy was last year. they are testing and compiling lists, however perhaps early next year they will actually hire.

NHSP is not laying off, corrections did some layoffs though and some state employees got pink slips, but not NHSP.
              "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
              "Treat everyone like a million bucks..But always have a plan to kill them"

Comment

Does the NHSP still recruit Auxiliary Troopers?

Comment

No they do not. Only retired personnel from state police will be sworn in as Aux.

Comment

What is the max out pay at?

Comment

depends on your rank and time
                      "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
                      "Treat everyone like a million bucks..But always have a plan to kill them"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5822 users online. 331 members and 5491 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X