300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nhsp

I am interested in employment with the New Hampshire State Police. I have looked at their website but I still have a few questions. I did look at the retirement website, but I was unable to find exactly how the pay works. Is it based off of a percentage compared to your highest salary and years of service? Is overtime or off-duty work available? Also, I have looked at the benefits booklet, but the only thing I was unable to locate was how much money a Trooper pays for medical and dental insurance each month? When do you find out where you will be working? Is it before or during the academy? I know it is normal for state police to have take-home cars, but does NHSP have take-home cars? I don't want to assume anything. Also, how comfortably can a family live in New Hampshire on a NHSP salary? I know these are a lot of questions, but I am just now looking in to NHSP. Thank you for any help.

I did look at the retirement website, but I was unable to find exactly how the pay works.
    retirement pay is based on your highest 3 years. This includes regular pay and details.

Is it based off of a percentage compared to your highest salary and years of service?
    Yes
    Is overtime or off-duty work available?
    Yes this is not funded by the state but rather the company making the request. There are usual plenty of details...
    Also, I have looked at the benefits booklet, but the only thing I was unable to locate was how much money a Trooper pays for medical and dental insurance each month?
    For regular employees (civilians) it is about $30/pay period for a family.

When do you find out where you will be working?
    You will be assigned an area. You can request an area.

Is it before or during the academy?
    you get a lot of training before the academy. I assume you are assigned to be trained in your area.

I know it is normal for state police to have take-home cars, but does NHSP have take-home cars?
    I believe that everyone takes their car home. You are issued a car
    (now the dodge chargers http://www.nhtroopers.org/images/lopro%20charger.jpg)

Also, how comfortably can a family live in New Hampshire on a NHSP salary?
    45-47K to start isn't bad it would depend on where in the state you live. The more north you go the cheaper things are.
    With details you can live like a king if you have tons of free time...

Just so you know you will be REQUIRED to pay union dues. some people have problems doing that. Anything else you can think of let me know
    -N
    Last edited by NHNSP_ADMIN; 09-23-2009, 02:06 PM.
    The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

NHNSP ADMIN, thanks a lot for your responses. That helps me out a lot. I never thought of New Hampshire as an option until I started to look at their website. I plan to test on the 6 FEB 2010 date since I will be back from Afghanistan at that time. Do you know what the percentage is for retirement?

Comment

Originally posted by ftdrum09 View Post
        NHNSP ADMIN, thanks a lot for your responses. That helps me out a lot. I never thought of New Hampshire as an option until I started to look at their website. I plan to test on the 6 FEB 2010 date since I will be back from Afghanistan at that time. Do you know what the percentage is for retirement?
        The amount is based on your years of state service. The LEOs have a different retirement than we do (I am not a LEO ) I believe they are vested after 7 years (we are 10)
        There is a formula some where for calculating it but I cant seem to locate it at the moment. If i can find it i will post it for you.
        The sooner you understand that all your base are belongs to me the better off you will be.

Comment

law enforcement it takes 10 years to get vested her in NH.
          "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
          "Treat everyone like a million bucks..But always have a plan to kill them"

Comment

NHSP Going to Dodge Chargers?

Sorry posted in the wrong area.

Comment

I was just curious.

Comment

chargers are being given out as crown vics begin to be retired.
                "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
                "Treat everyone like a million bucks..But always have a plan to kill them"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2252 users online. 155 members and 2097 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X