300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Border Patrol?

I'm a Master At Arms in the Navy (our version of an MP) I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and when I get back I have a little time left before my enlistment is up. I'm stationed in Rhode Island where I met my wife and we plan on moving to NH after my enlistment is up. I was looking at possible departments and I ran across an ad for the Border Patrol and saw that the Swanton Sector in VT also works in NH in Coos, Grafton and Carroll counties. I was curious if there was anyone here in the Border Patrol that can help me out with some input. Particularly on how employment works in NH from a VT sector. I would call a recruiter however, I'm still here for awhile and phones are not an easily available item here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by DirtSailor View Post
    I'm a Master At Arms in the Navy (our version of an MP) I'm currently deployed to Afghanistan and when I get back I have a little time left before my enlistment is up. I'm stationed in Rhode Island where I met my wife and we plan on moving to NH after my enlistment is up. I was looking at possible departments and I ran across an ad for the Border Patrol and saw that the Swanton Sector in VT also works in NH in Coos, Grafton and Carroll counties. I was curious if there was anyone here in the Border Patrol that can help me out with some input. Particularly on how employment works in NH from a VT sector. I would call a recruiter however, I'm still here for awhile and phones are not an easily available item here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    They very briefly opened and then closed a northern border vacancy announcement for hard to fill NB stations. If you are interested in the BP you have to go to the SW again and hope for a transfer after a few years.

Comment

dude, have you been to the Coos,Grafton or Carroll county areas? If thats your cup of tea, god bless ya, but its out there for sure!

then again, i work in Claremont/Newport area and i think its fairly in the boonies.
      "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
      "Treat everyone like a million bucks..But always have a plan to kill them"

Comment

NH and VT Boarder Patrol work well together. The main access to Canada is through VT, however NH does have some limited access (mostly snow machine trails). The NH northern Boarder Patrol is very limited, and really is the middle of nowhere. I work in central NH, and if we have a BP issue, we have to call the VT office.
        Live freeze and die

Comment

"middle of nowhere"...yea that about sums it up! haha

to each their own i guess.
          "People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people."
          "Treat everyone like a million bucks..But always have a plan to kill them"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5512 users online. 350 members and 5162 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X