300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September Academy

I start academy on September 10th. I was wondering if anyone else that posts on these forums is starting the same time. Look forward to the next grueling 25 weeks and meeting some fellow recruits.

I'll be there on the 10th as well. Looking forward to the challenges and also the rewards.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolved View Post
      I start academy on September 10th. I was wondering if anyone else that posts on these forums is starting the same time. Look forward to the next grueling 25 weeks and meeting some fellow recruits.

Originally posted by scanman25 View Post
      I'll be there on the 10th as well. Looking forward to the challenges and also the rewards.

Congrats to both of you!!!! I am a newbie and I just wanted to know if you guys would be able to help me out. What did you guys do to prepare yourself for the whole process? I'm not talking about the PT stuff, I'm good on that end. Any info you provide will be greatly appreciated.
      A day merely survived is no cause for celebration- LtCol William Thomas

Comment

Try to learn everything you can. The more you know the better off you'll be. If you have any specific questions I'll be more then happy to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by lakin1184 View Post
          Congrats to both of you!!!! I am a newbie and I just wanted to know if you guys would be able to help me out. What did you guys do to prepare yourself for the whole process? I'm not talking about the PT stuff, I'm good on that end. Any info you provide will be greatly appreciated.
          You've come to the right place. Search for and read as many LVMPD-related posts as you can. Visit protectthecity.com and practice testing and interviewing.

Good luck!
          LVMPD:THE BEST

Comment

As far as for the first phase, alot of note cards and nightly practice for the oral boards with the questions they provide. Just remember officer safety!!! As for the second phase, you really can't prepare just go in and be honest. I would rather be too honest about past events then to have my integrity questioned for lying or omission.

Comment

Best of luck to you and your fellow classmates! It'll be 6 months of hell, but it's worth it in the end!
              "You will face fear and pain. Do not listen; they will only give you excuses to quit..." -LtGen Victor H. Krulak, USMC

Comment

do any of you guys know if they require formal attire in the new academy?

Comment

Originally posted by Evolved View Post
                  do any of you guys know if they require formal attire in the new academy?
                  The first day of the Academy you will wear Business attire. Then after that, you get to wear the wonderful Zoo Keeper uniforms with velcro patches duty belt and boots.. oh and who can forget the cool hats that they give you. During PT and DT the uniform varies a little, but the entire class is uniform, and seperated from the other academy classes by a color. Then if you mess up like my class did, you will have to wear your business attire for a day again.
                  Why give up, why give in? Its not enough, it never is
                  -Breaking Benjamin

Comment

So would I need a suit jacket or just slacks, shirt and a tie? Thanks for the response.

Comment

I would recomend at least a tie and Dress pants and Jacket. The guys in my class that didn't have a suit on got called out the first day and stood up and made a name for themselvs pretty quickly. But hey thats up to you. If you wear a shirt and tie, you wont get kicked out, but you will get noticed for the wrong reasons.
                      Why give up, why give in? Its not enough, it never is
                      -Breaking Benjamin

Comment

Originally posted by Freeze849 View Post
                        I would recomend at least a tie and Dress pants and Jacket. The guys in my class that didn't have a suit on got called out the first day and stood up and made a name for themselvs pretty quickly. But hey thats up to you. If you wear a shirt and tie, you wont get kicked out, but you will get noticed for the wrong reasons.
                        This is true sir.
                        How is FTEP going?
                        Give me a call one of these days.
                        The views, comments, and opinions posted above represent soley the views, comments, and opinions of myself alone, and to my knowledge do not represent the views, comments, and opinions of anyone else or my employer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4898 users online. 266 members and 4632 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X