Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Social Life for LVMPD/NLVPD

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Social Life for LVMPD/NLVPD

    Hey guys, you've prolly seen me posting more and more often in this message board, well I'm planning on making the move out in March and I will be testing with both LVMPD and NLVPD in the next couple months. Just wondering what a lot of you guys do on your days off, recreational activities, bars, etc. I noticed Lake Meade is not far awau which I have heard is very nice. Just interested in how some of you spend of your off days/nights around the area.

  • #2
    Originally posted by EricDel View Post
    Hey guys, you've prolly seen me posting more and more often in this message board, well I'm planning on making the move out in March and I will be testing with both LVMPD and NLVPD in the next couple months. Just wondering what a lot of you guys do on your days off, recreational activities, bars, etc. I noticed Lake Meade is not far awau which I have heard is very nice. Just interested in how some of you spend of your off days/nights around the area.
    Six Pack and Midget Porn as VegasMetro will tell you....

    There are plenty of things to do, Mt. Charleston, Lake Mead, Strip shows, thousands of bars, hundreds of clubs, strip clubs, softball, baseball, hockey, basketball, you name it you can do it here.

    As for what the officer's do in their spare time I can not speak for them but am sure you will hear similar to what I posted.

    CrossFit

    RossTraining

    Comment


    • #3
      What do you like to do in Delaware. Im sure similar things will be available here. If you like hiking, this is the place to be. If you like dirtbikes/quads, this is the place to be. We have a lot of golf available, plenty of resturaunts, parks, and bars. They are also in the process of building a very large shooting park just north of town.
      Last edited by crazynova; 07-23-2008, 06:09 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Dude - it's Vegas

        And if even if it wasn't, it is a metro area of over a million people surrounded by lots of BLM and Forest Service land and as you noted Lake Mead. Oh, and did I mention the golf?

        I didn't really like living there compared to other places I have lived, but it wasn't for lack of things to do. And if you are single...boy howdy, that is the place to be.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks for the responses so far. Yeah I love motorcycles,dirtbikes, and all. Also love being out on lakes with small boats or jet skiis. I just for somereason didn't think many of the officers would be going to the strip for their offtime like bars/clubs there.

          And haha yeah I am single and plan on having no ties til I move out there, so hopefully it will be pretty easy to meet some new ladies

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by EricDel View Post
            Thanks for the responses so far. Yeah I love motorcycles,dirtbikes, and all. Also love being out on lakes with small boats or jet skiis. I just for somereason didn't think many of the officers would be going to the strip for their offtime like bars/clubs there.

            And haha yeah I am single and plan on having no ties til I move out there, so hopefully it will be pretty easy to meet some new ladies
            We have plenty of riding out here, and the lake is definately fun. Metro even has a dual-sport motorcycle unit that rides around.

            Comment


            • #7
              Nicee now thats what I'm talking about haha. Anygood neighborhood like bars around? Not talking about anything on the strip, I'm just to like old school pubs in Philadelphia/Baltimore cities.

              Yeah the lake looks awesome from what i have seen, definitely going to invest in a small boat and jet ski when the funds are good.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by EricDel View Post
                Nicee now thats what I'm talking about haha. Anygood neighborhood like bars around? Not talking about anything on the strip, I'm just to like old school pubs in Philadelphia/Baltimore cities.

                Yeah the lake looks awesome from what i have seen, definitely going to invest in a small boat and jet ski when the funds are good.
                We have plenty of bars everywhere, with a real neighborhood feel. The only difference is they have machines (video poker) in the bar tops here. Its just like a regular city, and unless we work in the area, locals tend to stay out of the center of town, including the Strip.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gotcha makes sense, I'm sure after working in the town for the week you don't wanna be having your downtime there.

                  I go out for a week in Sept during the testing, any areas you guys recommend looking into for houses and apartments? I'm thinking about doing the apartment scene for the academy and then buying a house afterwards.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by EricDel View Post
                    Gotcha makes sense, I'm sure after working in the town for the week you don't wanna be having your downtime there.

                    I go out for a week in Sept during the testing, any areas you guys recommend looking into for houses and apartments? I'm thinking about doing the apartment scene for the academy and then buying a house afterwards.

                    The academy is in a nice area, and there are numerous apartment complexes right around the area the academy is in. As far as houses, I prefer the SW part of town myself, but the NW also has some nice homes.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Man, being single and moving to vegas!!! I wish i had that luxury. There is so much stuff to do out here. Whatever you want to do you can do it!! Blue martini FTW LOL

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I live in NW, and it is really nice here. I've only been here for about 2 months, but in that short time I have learned that you can pretty much find anything you want here. There are really nice local-atmosphere bars and there are some of the biggest and nicest clubs in the country. The only downfall of drinking down on the strip is that a beer is like 9 bucks. The places off the strip have more realistic prices. As far as recreational activities, they have pretty much everything you could ask for. I can't speak for the departments because I haven't started the Academy for Metro yet, but from what I hear it is basically one of the best training facilities in the country if not THE best. I moved here for the job, but I am not at all dissappointed by the social life. Good luck with your decision.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          LVPD81 where did you make your move from if you dont mind me asking?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by steexz View Post
                            Blue martini FTW LOL
                            Ah the Blue Martini, we like that place, town square here we come....

                            CrossFit

                            RossTraining

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by djblank87 View Post
                              Ah the Blue Martini, we like that place, town square here we come....
                              Im still too young for all of that...

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 3349 users online. 151 members and 3198 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X