Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N. Las Vegas Corrections

any input on this job?

Do a lot of C.O's end up jumping over to the PD eventually?

I was kind of surprised to see they get paid the same as the police officers

also...

do they carry firearms?

is the hiring process the same as P.O's? Oral board, CVSA, etc?
    Last edited by mjcek; 07-21-2008, 01:38 PM.

Good question im scoping out their website right now

Comment

The difference in the hiring process is that you have an oral board made up of staff from corrections as opposed to officers from the PD side.

I don't know how often it happens but there was a C.O. in the P.O. academy with me. Unlike some states, there is no transitional program...you must attend the entire police academy.

I can't imagine that having been a good employee as a C.O. will be anything but beneficial if you want to move over to PD.

Comment

Originally posted by RM2441 View Post
        The difference in the hiring process is that you have an oral board made up of staff from corrections as opposed to officers from the PD side.

I don't know how often it happens but there was a C.O. in the P.O. academy with me. Unlike some states, there is no transitional program...you must attend the entire police academy.

I can't imagine that having been a good employee as a C.O. will be anything but beneficial if you want to move over to PD.
        Thanks for the reply...

I'm pretty sure I'm going to apply for the P.D, but just wanted to explore all options

Comment

No problem. If Corrections is something you would consider, it may be possible to test for both simultaneously. They used to do that but it may have changed.

Comment

Originally posted by RM2441 View Post
            No problem. If Corrections is something you would consider, it may be possible to test for both simultaneously. They used to do that but it may have changed.
            I actually emailed a recruiter for the PD and asked that question. He stated you can only apply for one or the other, not both.

Comment

Originally posted by mjcek View Post
              I actually emailed a recruiter for the PD and asked that question. He stated you can only apply for one or the other, not both.
              Sorry, I guess it has changed.

Comment

I applied for the Corrections on 7/12 and still waiting to hear something back(on line application). i am interested in Corrections more than in the PD work. Do the CO and PD recruits do academy together or there is a separate academy for both groups?

Comment

http://www.joinnlvpd.com/academy.htm

http://www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com/D...08FAQs_001.pdf

http://www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com/D...ooklet0708.pdf
                  You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face...you must do the thing you think you cannot do.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.

A great many people think they are thinking, when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.

Comment

Originally posted by viking81 View Post
                    I applied for the Corrections on 7/12 and still waiting to hear something back(on line application). i am interested in Corrections more than in the PD work. Do the CO and PD recruits do academy together or there is a separate academy for both groups?
                    It is a completely different academy for two distinctively different positions. I know very little about the CO academy other than it being much shorter than the PO academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3214 users online. 163 members and 3051 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X